2006 Champ?

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

Who's your picks for the '06 championship? Will Taylor/Butner repeat? Will Rambo draw blood? Can Brogdon or Stephenson get vengence?

2. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

D-4 is STRONG!!!!!

Hopefully the champ will be from DIV 4 lol .Nice site keep up the good work!

3. DanLynch

DanLynch Member

My guess is that one of the players this year, Brogdon, Stephenson, or Taylor will spend the needed cash to get it done...

But that is way too easy, so I'm going with Frankie Aragona...

4. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

David Eaton

5. Phil Burgess

Phil Burgess New Member

I went on record in the new ND (coming soon to your mailbox) as picking Taylor (sorry Rodger and Tony!).

Talking to Jeff late last year, he and Bo have consolidated their efforts into one shop to better promote R&D and testing and have developed some combinations that allow the cars the capability to run in 18 different classes. As we know, that kind of versatility will allow them to avoid the CIC penalities of themselves and others and seek the friendliest index.

6. Gary Jacobson

Gary Jacobson New Member

Would like to see Tony take It

7. David Prejean

David Prejean New Member

Roof Tec Is BAAAAAD!!!!

I'd Like to see Rodger Brogdon, or Scott Benahm ge the championship. HOpefully I can be of some help too.

8. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

If they go and hit indexes in a lot of classes while winning and then keep on switching classes, they will definitely p***-**f a lot of people. That will really folks to lobby hard for limiting a driver to how many classes he can run.

9. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I see that Brogdon already has a three car team set up to do some damage in the early part of the season............ it is rumored that Taylor/Butner have also added a 3rd car to the team, although they haven't announced a driver yet......... and my phone isn't ringing............. LOL!!!!!!!

I would say that a multi car team has the advantage in going after the championship........... if the drivers are in fact team players............ I saw a lot of nasty stuff last year and realized that things are not what they appear to be............

However, there are some other guys very capable of taking the crown this year........... Stephenson is due after being #2 and #3 the last two seasons.......... Rampy is way over due and the last I saw him, he looked real hungry.......... and if Sal Biondo can get a car that stays in one piece he could be the dark horse.........and not forgetting Aragona............

Although I'm close to Stephenson, I think the multi car teams of Brogdon and Taylor will be on top at the end, only because of the blocker factor.........

10. Mark Yeager

Mark Yeager New Member

Mike Stone will have a real shot. He made a couple mistakes at the stripe last year that I bet he wont make this year.

My 2 cents.

11. I will go with the King of Bellhousings Brian Browell. He has a fast car, and can get the job done behing the wheel!

12. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

The Texas Dynamo

If Roger's dynamo doesn't win.....it will be the best knock down drag 'em out war.... before losing.

He's jumping in with both feet, sponsoring Div. 4 top 10, 3 cars, lots of spares {key component} and a true love for Comp, that we should all be proud of having a team like this to kick our ass. and if you're not a born again dickhead, he'll help you if you ask.

Let the war begin....and Roger....the new IGOR is bad....turn that supercharger up...we're comin'.

13. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I have to apologize to Michael Stone.......... he totally slipped my mind.......... he was very impressive last season in a class with just about no index room left............. he could be a factor if he picks up from last year.......... SORRY AGAIN MIKE & FAMILY..............

14. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

Freeman

I noticed nobody's mentioned Freeman - they ran pretty strong last year with Patterson power, and will have a two car team again with Tina Stull...

15. Prostalker

Prostalker Member

2006 Champ

Hey Shane got to agree with you a D4 guy will win the whole deal........
    My pick is ............are you ready..........Mike Trumble Jr. ......at least him and I hope so!!!!!........he just needs his car finished......and a little luck!!!!!!.....Good luck to all D4 racers..........Greg