2015 epping national event

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by vinnyb, Jul 14, 2014.

1. vinnyb

vinnyb Member

Just got a phone call from Arnie Matell and he says he is in talks with graham Light about 2015 having comp run at the national event @ eppng and NHRA wants to se wat the division turn out is gonna be Before it goes to the table so try to come and lets get a good turn out so Arnie can have something to work with when him and Graham speak again

2. Jeremy Tanksley

Considering how good of a turnout Comp has each year at etown you'd think by now Comp would be contested at Epping.

Comp needs this.

3. GeorgeJr

GeorgeJr Member

Vinnie no mater how you put it's to far for racers to drive its a5-6 hour mileage ride that takes 10 we would be better getting a sportsnational race at atco or maple grove we'll get a full feild

4. Pittbull2

Pittbull2 Member

yep..thats a far ride..

5. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

George-a 5-6 hour drive is short in most divisions.

6. GeorgeJr

GeorgeJr Member

This is not most it's facts don't tell me about driving I just drove 30 hours to deliver motors Car count cost bottom line look at maple grove etown atco and Ceceil always good turn out even Lebanon 21cars not going get into a pissing contest just saying we would be better getting a sportsnational period,! If we had one at atco I bet you would have biggest one to date

7. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

The point is that the Northeast is known for Comp racing.. New England has always produced a great number of quality Comp teams.. I could never understand why Comp is not contested at the National in Epping..

I spoke with Arnie Martel as he left one of the preliminary meetings that he had with Graham Light.. it was good to see Arnie excited about the possibility of getting Comp at Epping in 2015.. BUT.. car count was heavily stressed as the key point of the meeting..

As most in D1 already know, Epping has a great track, and the capabilities at times to fit into the fast track category, just like Maple Grove and E-town.. I believe that it happens to be a sea level track also..

Arnie Martel, and I hear a few others, have been starting a worth-while campaign to benefit the class.. I commend them for it, and hope that with the word going out, people will respond by making the trip.. I know it may not be a fun ride for some, me included, but I know many racers who have travelled much farther to race at marginal tracks.. this track is never marginal..

We can punt the ball around and come up with all kinds of maybe's, this idea is a quick fix for Comp that only requires teams showing up.. How difficult is that??

And if you happen to have need of a driver this weekend, I'll be getting there early, so PUT ME IN COACH, I'M READY TO PLAY!!!!

#7 Charlie Yannetti, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  8. Charlie Yannetti

Hey Dave.. don't get George's pee steaming.. LMAO!!!

Hey George.. a Sports National at Atco??.. really??.. they can barely park the racers for the D1 race, and a sprinkle of spectators.. ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THOSE SAVED SPOTS FOR THE LOCAL FAVORITES!!.. Imagine drawing racers from at least three divisions, and maybe a bigger sprinkle of spectators.. don't think its possible, unless they get the bulldozers and pavers going... BUT, along with E-Town and Maple Grove, Epping could handle it.... IMAGINE THAT!!!

9. GeorgeJr

GeorgeJr Member

Etown or maple grove is fine just givin facts car count is better at those races if we're looking to strengthen any class weather it's comp or etc you can't count on a comp turn out at a race guys hate drag up threw the jungle and traffic I know arnie has great intentions

10. Adger Smith

Adger Smith Member

Epping Comp

Worrying about the car count would be a moot point if some sponsors would get good round money, including first round loser. Like the div 3 racers do. The drive may be long, but it wouldn't be so expensive. Just a thought from a broke old racer.

#10 Adger Smith, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  11. Charlie Yannetti

Took the words right out of my fingers, Adger... D1 needs to come up something like D3.. or single class sponsors like TD and TS have had in D1...