2017 Indy Comp Bonus

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by bseibenick, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bseibenick

bseibenick Member

With the US Nationals quickly approaching Brian Browell and I are working on the 2017 edition of the Indy Comp Bonus. We already have some sponsors on board for this year but could use more. If you are interested in donating toward the first round loser money or prizes for the random draw please call or text me at 419-704-5840 or email at bseibenick@livedevelop.com.

In 2016 we were able to give out $425 to each of the first round losers as well as gave out 20 prizes on a random qualifying position draw thanks to many generous sponsors.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone in Indy!

Brian Seibenick

guitar builder likes this.
  2. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

This is a legitimate question so please don't call for a public hanging... why pay the losers? It seems the one thing everyone has agreed on is to bring back qualifying money, so why not pay everyone who qualifies, or in this day and age, shows up.

#2 Brian Landies, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    guitar builder and projack like this.
  3. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Brian:
    If you were a real racer you might understand instead of just mouthing all the time. Everyone is really tired of your BS....... Thanks to the real (2) Brian's for all the hard work. Ignore this clown.....

guitar builder and Steve Polhill like this.
  4. Brian Landies

It is outstanding that these guys spend their own time and money to help the class. Hats off to them. It was a simple question. Sorry I have ruffled your feathers again Ray. I'll keep your sensitivity in mind from now on.

5. Raymond Martin

429 K/AA Old Dude
    It is qualifying money. $425.00 for first round plus a chance for another $500.00 for random qualifying positions. Good deal for anyone. I wouldn't call them losers by any stretch of the imagination. You at least get your entry fee back. Brian and Brian have done an outstanding job rounding up money to help get entries and it has worked well as Indy has been full or nearly full the last several years.

guitar builder and ken reich like this.
  6. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

Brian,
    First of all, I have tried to keep my mouth shut on all of this, but Brian, you refer to Raymond's sensitivity, We consider Raymond a very good friend, and thank him for standing up to you concerning this matter. You are entitled to your opinion, but the negative side you take on most matters gets very old. The whole idea of the Comp Funds (both in Division 3 and at Indy) is to get that racer that isn't sure he will get by first round to come take a chance, and in the Indy race, at least get enough money to cover his entry fee. We have had several people tell us that they come to Division 3 just because of the fund (right Jake!), and hopefully have had the same impact on Indy. If you think a Qualifying program would help car count, get off your ass and try to get one together. We have wonderful sponsors for the Comp Fund and try to avoid any negativity concerning the Fund. This is my first and last comment I am making on this matter.

7. Brian Landies

What on earth are you talking about.Entitled to my opinion? I didn't have an opinion I asked a question. Standing up to me? I asked a question. At what point in time did I say anything negative about he comp bonus fund. I said it's outstanding. You buncha babies are gonna lose the 13 fans left who aren't booing your sorry sensitive butts.

And aside from all your personal sensitivities, the question has been answered in Ray's most recent post. I understand better now. Thanks

8. projack

projack Member

I also do not understand only giving out money to first round losers. The comp bonus fund that you have Browell is different because everyone gets paid. This bonus fund is only paying first round losers, and possibly get something in a lottery? Over the Joliet bonus idea that Troy was trying to put together, I also had a problem with only paying losers. We were never going to go to Joliet, so I had no skin in that game, but when I said I think it would be better to give everyone $125 so it would be like qualifying money again instead of just the first round losers $250, I was actually told "since I never get out of first round, I like this plan." Hmmm....Maybe the idea shouldn't be to just get my $250 and go home...but try and get $525. The $400 from NHRA, and $125 from the bonus fund. Ut Oh, it's the dreaded idea and forbidden comment of "go work on your stuff" that no one wants to hear.

And to everyone who thinks that Brian should keep his mouth shut even though he is a member of our racing team, I guess this forum has become a "driver only" discussion board, so I guess I shouldn't talk either.

9. Andrew Holt

Andrew Holt New Member

This is a great program and I'd like to say thanks to organizers (Brian Browell and Brian Siebenick specifically) and all the great sponsors.

It really makes attending Indy a no-brainer for us. Indy is an expensive race to run... and to be able to make the entry free back if you end up with a first round loss.... its a nice incentive.

Again... programs like this and the people that organize them is another of the many reasons why I really enjoy racing in Comp.

guitar builder and Brian Browell like this.
  10. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Active Member

No one said Brian should keep his mouth shut. It's merely that lately is seems like everything he posts is Negative, and it wears a bit thin. In this case I understand it was just a question. And a question I'd like to answer from my perspective.

The Comp fund for the Nationals is to help get the cars that normally would second guess going out and racing. As someone that has struggled with his combination as of late and isn't independently wealthy, the Comp fund is sometimes the deciding factor on whether or not I go to a race. If you think someone is entering Joliet, Spending $1000 or more to go to a race where all the Allstars are racing to get $250. I'd say you are mistaken, but it does ease the costs of someone that isn't normally fast enough to be a late round player. It helps keep car count up as much as we can.

11. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

I for one know what it takes to put together something like this and I commend all involved for their commitment.

guitar builder and DE3 like this.
  12. Brian Landies

A well thought out, coherent, rational and informative post. (If there's any confusion I mean this in an extremely positive way)

13. Raymond Martin

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Projack, maybe you shouldn't... The Comp racers really get tired of non-Comp racers always explaining what the rules should be and what we should do and not do. Money will solve all the problems and Brian and Brian deserve all the credit in the world for what they are doing to make that happen, period. Thanks in advance for understanding.

14. projack

projack Member

Wow Raymond, you are actually so old that you come from an era that believes wives should be seen and not heard. According to your thinking, I shouldn't have any say in how my husband spends our money, and doesn't need to go to the races with him to help. I mean, i'm a woman....what could I possibly contribute to help him? I guess I'll stay home and clean while he's out racing. I mean, just because I help pay the bills of a car, I'm not a comp racer, so I'll keep quiet.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Cervelli

15. cervelli7

cervelli7 Member

I don't think you should post if your motor is not in a V configuration.Yes that"s right I said it and that's how I feel.

16. jake_1213

jake_1213 New Member

I don't post on here often due to some of the negativity it may generate. But I will speak up on this. Because of the Div 3 Comp Fund, is the only reason I can justify going to Indy to race and it also lures me to the other Div 3 races. I do work on my car but racing on my SSI ckeck and funding the car isn't easy.
    I deeply thank Brian Browell, his wife, Brian Seibenick, and the Comp Fund sponsors for their efforts. These people and companys have nothing to gain other than keeping comp alive and me and others like me coming. See you at Indy!
    Thanks again all.....Jake Savani/1213

17. projack

projack Member

So....apparently stating that I think "everyone" should get some of the bonus...not just the first round losers, I'm somehow ungrateful and unappreciative, and not thankful whatsoever of any of the effort that it takes to put together these kind of programs. As stated in a previous post, Raymond said that it's good for anyone. Mmmm....last year Frank won first round and we didn't get anything from the fund. I'm not crying because I want part of the pie....I just don't think programs that ONLY benefit first round losers promotes any incentive to work on your stuff, and more importantly race to the finish line. If I know I'm making money either way, I can let off. And what keeps me from loading up Brian's car in our trailer, entering the race, taking the tree and backing out and never make a run just for the bonus?.....Wait, I'm not supposed to say anything. I'm supposed to be seen and not heard. This is going to take some getting used to.

18. Raymond Martin

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Dear Mrs. Cervelli
    With all due respect, after a while you just get tired of all the BS, and I'm calling bullshit on saying losers should not get paid if it hair lips the Pope. Four Cylinders are for old people because they are only half the work and I am old so I'm stuck with them I guess...

19. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

WOW.......Can't really believe what I am reading here. Sad!

20. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Considering the current payouts and the disappearance of much of the contingency money in recent years, ANY additional support funds, bonuses and such for our class should be embraced no matter how they're broken up. I think if more people got involved in doing that, it can be even better.