2017 Indy Comp Bonus

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by bseibenick, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

So, if I'm reading this right. It is my understanding that "IF" the "guaranteed first round winners" should happed to get beat first round, that they will not be taking any of the bonus money that Brian and Brian have worked hard to help provide for the "first round ducks"?

Asking for a friend..........

In 2005 or 2006 Roger Brogdon and I asked the then D4 Division director, what could be done to help the pay out in Comp....His response was that we would have to find additional funding ourselves, so we did! I can assure everyone that it was not an easy task to endure but was taken on by us for the love of the class.....Many great company's and racers helped us with our vision and it was a tremendous success!

To see people even question how the funds should be divvied to the racers is well, very sad!

Brian and Brian, I know that I have stepped away from Comp, but we still are very active in racing in the x275 class and really enjoying it, But I would personally like to say thank you for trying to make racing better!

#21 Shane Heckel, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    guitar builder and DE3 like this.
  2. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

This is nuts!

3. projack

projack Member

It actually makes my brain hurt. Browell basically runs a "qualifying" bonus fund, and it increases as you go on, and the idea of having a "qualifying" bonus program rather than a "first round loser" bonus fund......feelings get hurt, we hate comp, and we need to keep our mouths shut. Comparing Browell's bonus program to Seibenick's is seriously comparing apples and oranges. OMG.....seriously, my brain hurts.

guitar builder likes this.
  4. Brian Landies

Browell's bonus fund is one of the main reasons comp is still around. I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Pay the first round losers, it's really not that big of a deal I was just curious of the thought process and I've been informed. I've been told on several occasions that "real comp racers show up no matter what" so I was assuming that was true. But I guess it isn't.

5. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

Shane

I am not really sure what you are asking. Who ever losses first round will get the Comp Bonus money. We miss you in Comp! And we appreciate the thanks.

6. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

Brian, I was being sarcastic......Looks as if people automatically assume that the first round at Indy is a cakewalk. I'm assuming that the people who have issues with the way the bonus is being payed out is willing to turn down the cash if they just happen to lose.

7. Brian Browell

Good one Shane, needed some humor!

8. Brian Landies

A real knee slapper!

9. bseibenick

bseibenick Member

I volunteered to help Brian Browell out last year with the Indy Bonus Fund because of the amount of work he and Deb already had in running the Division 3 fund let alone the Indy Fund and I really want to see a full field of comp racers at Indy. I knew it was going to be a lot of work and it was - but it was neat to see all of the sponsors jump on board in many different ways. Not everyone was able to donate money but many donated a lot of great prizes that were given away. I thought last year was a success and with that I have been hopeful to make it better for this year.

Brian L and Kim, I know Brian Browell already explained why he started both Comp Funds. While Brian and I have not talked about this specifically I have been hopeful that if I can find enough funding that we can eventually be able to change the Indy Bonus Fund from a first round loser fund to a qualifying program where we could guarantee everyone ~$400. Based on last year's field that will take about $20,000 to accomplish. While not an easy task I don't think that is impossible. I talked to someone today and have another company on board.

I do want to thank everyone who has helped in the past because I realize they do not have to help out with the Indy Fund but are willing to.

Again, if anyone is willing to help out with this year's fund or knows someone who would like to, please contact me.

Thanks,
    Brian Seibenick

10. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Brian Browell & Brian Seibenick
    I'll be sending in $500.00 to throw in the pot. I'm going to call it "The Old and non-V8" contribution fund. I'll send it to BB. Thanks for what you do.

guitar builder and Brian Browell like this.
  11. Brian Browell

If it weren't for Brian there would not have been a fund last year or this year. He stepped up to take over and has definitely improved and done so much more with all of the manufacturers adding products to the fund. Hopefully some of the racers on the fence about coming to Indy will decide to come knowing they will at least get something for their effort to support the class!

12. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

You're right, Brian... this is nuts...

The monies being distributed in D3 and Indy are a huge plus, and I don't care what kind of fund you call it.. hats off to the two Brians for putting it together and maintaining it.. I got to benefit from it the last time I drove a Comp car at Indy, and my car owner really appreciated it.. OMG!!!.. did I just say I drove a Comp car at Indy??.. IMAGINE THAT!!

The questions and statements in this thread are ridiculous.. like looking a gift horse in the mouth.. who cares who gets, or when they get it, it's a cash payout.. everyone is bitching about payouts, you get one, and you bitch about it.. STOP THE NONSENSE, cause it just might get some cars to the races..

That being said, I have to say again that I'm sick and tired of people coming on here and referring to people as non Comp racers, non Comp drivers, etc, etc,and so on.. we are all on here because we have been involved in Comp racing, one way or another, and it really doesn't matter when or how.. and it is hurtful to some... everyone still has a right to speak their mind, and offer their opinions on here..

Maybe there should be a new UNWRITTEN rule on here.. if you haven't brought home a Wally in two seasons, or more, you can't post, because maybe that makes you a NON COMP DRIVER... who's still in??... LMAO!!!

13. Brian Landies

Lookie there Frank, your comment added $500 to the Indy Comp Fund. Way to go man

14. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

How any negativity is brought to this thread is beyond me.

But I am starting to see a trend.

15. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

LMAO Mr Bales... a trend??... as my friend says "the usual suspects"... but he is a freakin' Nu Inglangah...

boostedf22c likes this.