2021 D4 Comp

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rodger Brogdon, Apr 30, 2020.

1. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

I would love to see a top qualifiers bonus. Each race 1 thru 3 qualifiers get a bonus. Then at end of season, racers that attended every D4 race. their qualifying positions would be added up and the racer with the lowest number gets a nice bonus, maybe 1 thru 10 get something. Because Comp is all about perfornmance and this would promote going for Performance

Mr Brogdon should love this because he likes to run Fast. If he wins any money, could give it to a deserving charity

2. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Bringing this back around for conversation. I was not in San Antonio this past weekend but from what I was told by a reliable source, it was a waste of time. Track was junk and the division director did nothing. 120 cars tells it all for sure. Normally SC has that many and even they did not show up in full force!

Maybe revisiting the requirement to attend all D4 races should be changed especially if San Antonio is on the list again.

Just my thoughts. Maybe someone that went to San Antonio can chime in.

3. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

It was a joke....track sucked.....1/8th BS......Ashton and I won’t be there next year......

4. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Well-Known Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Of course you have to love the 102 actual temperature.

5. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

Well, It was hot as in Cajun National and Memphis hot. The track needs work and owners asked my opinion and I told them what I thought. Noble is much worse in my opinion. The starting line was good for light cars, Craig stayed in the .975 zone but Ashton , Hall and SS David Latino had troubles that I know. As far as the 1/8 mile goes, I believe most comp cars are ok but if John Clegg or Clark would be on a killer run , there could be a problem.

To solve the problem, move the starting back 150 feet and repaved the entire track and return road, that way the cars would stay on the ground and not bounce around. Also have the race in April or May. JMHO

FLAT likes this.
  6. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

I saw some pictures of the track. It was terrible.
    There's no reason to go back there unless some major improvements are made.
    Unfortunately thats no going to happen unless the track gets a new owner.

Im leaning towards this for 2021.
    Putting all the money towards the D4 Championship and Top 10.
    $50,000 D4 Champ
    $25,000 Runner Up
    $17,500 3rd Place
    $15,000 4th Place
    $12,500 5th Place
    $10,000 each 6th through 10th.

Adding the Dallas National Event to the roster. Make the race worth 1 1/2 points.
    (Ashton's idea) This will be a required event!
    Allowing (1) D4 race to be missed so basically you would count your best 6 out of 7 or you would have 1 wavier.

Give me your thoughts.

Im going to post this on a new thread so it doesn't get missed.

FLAT likes this.