A vote count collected by NHRA in Vegas?

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Jeremy Tanksley, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jeremy Tanksley

Thanks, Ken.

2. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude

Must have been one of those famous California lunches they have right before they make a stupid decision. It takes 3 or 4 years to get indexes in line and then you have something like this......... Personal indexes, what's next a participation trophy?????????

3. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

X2 Raymond

I would like to know what percentage of comp racers would like a personal index. Sounds like super stock to me.

4. Raymond Martin

429 K/AA Old Dude

Greg:
    Does this mean we have to get one of those lighted things to put on our car to tell the tower what our spot is?????

5. craig schuck

craig schuck Active Member

I do not like the idea of personal indexes. This is a tough class and takes a lot of hard work to succeed. Qualifying Money, Racers entry fee discounts, Crew discounts, Contingency programs, and programs to help with the cost of racing should be our focus as a group. The real issues that will help the class in the long term. Personal indexes do not address any of those issues. Please do not make personal indexes.... Its just a gimmick. another idea to save comp by making it even more complicated..........

6. greg williams

greg williams Member

Are these proposed rule changes or are they a done deal?

7. T Gusso

T Gusso New Member

Maybe Will can post a "sticky" thread with a survey to vote either in favor or not in favor of personal indexes.

Even though a personal index would likely benefit me (I have only hit an index once in 10 years of racing Comp), I will go on record and vote NO to personal indexes.

What a joke. Reminds me of the IRS - they keep adding tax codes and yet the tax payers keep playing more games and finding more and more loop holes...

If something has to be done, I still like Shaun Vincent's idea. Easy for the NHRA to implement and gives everybody a little "help".

Travis Gusso

8. Jeff Childs

Jeff Childs Member

From what I have heard its not personal indexes completely, everyone in each class are on the same index. The hits are whats personal. A guy that can only run -.25 is going to stay -.25. But a guy that red lights and runs -.80 is not going to be able to ruin the season for the guy thats pretty competitive at -.60.

9. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Well-Known Member

The guys that are running 60+ under, likely don't like or care about personal index's. But think about it this way. Personal index's is likely to keep the lower budget racers that were about to hang it up, and attract some new racers, now that they know they can work on their combination without getting their heads kicked in by racers in the Fantasy land air.

For someone like me, that builds all their own stuff(and Enjoys it)races on a very limited budget and was on the verge of having a competitive car, only to get hit two tenths this year and last year. It was pretty likely I was going to sit out the year or more. Without the personal index system, I was going bracket racing.

10. Raymond Martin

429 K/AA Old Dude

Jeff:
    Wrong, the guy that went .80 under just hit the whole class a dime and now the .25 under guy is .15 under......

11. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

This is a touchy subject and I'm in favor of whatever will keep interest in the class and whatever will help it grow....Not saying this is "the answer", but this is the one time in recent memory that the NHRA has made any kind of move to try to help participation in Comp.....Like I said, Not sure that this is the answer, but you must start somewhere .....Remember, most of you guys cars will fit into T/D, T/S or Super Stock....

12. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

Comp is supposed to be tough , that's why so few run it , also why it is so expensive , building your own parts , blowing it up on the dyno , chasing that 10 HP . I'm not in favor of personal indexes , but as Shane said . NHRA is making an effort to help Comp stay alive , I think more money would do more to help the class than giving index back and personal indexes.......how about a poll , Jeremy , " Who will come back because of personal indexes ? "

13. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Jeff, if I am 60 under and someone in my class goes 80 under that means I need to work on my shit.

14. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

That is correct Raymond, I think a lot of the people in favor of personal index don't realize they can still get hit by someone else in the same class.

15. Jeff Childs

Jeff Childs Member

Not with the personal deal. It should be called more of a personal hit than personal index. I think you guys are thinking everyone is going to be equal when they aren't. Everybody starts the year with the same index. The .80 under guy only gets the hit, everybody else stays at the normal index until they hit it too. So now that .25 under guy is still working to get to .35 under, and not trying to get back to .25 under after Joe Dickhead ran it out the back on a red in -3000ft of air with a 95mph tail wind.

16. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Anyone in favor of personal index is a pussy and needs to go bracket racing. I would quit racing comp today if my shit was good for anything else.
    Clark Smiley

17. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Not the way I read it. At .71 or more under, the Class index gets hit, which means everyone. So if I'm thinking right, if someone goes 71 under, the class index loses 1, which effects everyone, and the offending driver loses 10 off his personal index(the max per event).

18. Shane Heckel

Can anyone send me in the direction to where this new rule is published....I feel like a mushroom...In the dark and fed full of shit.
    I'm hearing a couple of variations of this rule, apparently I'm not privileged to get the straight skinny.

19. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Here you go.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=65526&zoneid=175

20. Shane Heckel

Thanks Don, just seen the NHRA version....I will remain silent in fear of Big Brother watching me....Like stated before, I don't think this is a fix at all, unless participation increases.....I hope to be proved wrong, but I don't see it.

Now the real question is, who and how will this be policed and who is keeping up with it...Good luck Greg!