ADRA Pro Stock is looking in to Lbs per CID for at least first year

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Greg Hogue, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Greg Hogue

Greg Hogue Member

I have been working with a group of people that have or plan to run ADLRs 400 inch Pro Stock class. Larry Morgan the President of ADRL ask me to field a rule revision proposal to allow more Competition Eliminator people a level playing field to race.
    The proposal needed to start at 400 inches and 2300 lbs and give a weight break going down that didn't give the small motor have an advantage or disadvantages. I would like to hear your thoughts.
    This class allows both stick and automatic as the same weight break.
    Here is one thought on the formula
    5 lbs going down from 400 cid
    minimum weight 1900 lbs
    This is a proposal, so toss your thoughts in. This could become heads up comp altered
    Also in this class currently fuel is open up to C45 or Q 16, I personally don't like the rat poison

boostedf22c likes this.
  2. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I'm actually liking the sound of Larry Morgan's ideas.. at the minimum of 1900lbs, would that compute to 380 ci motors??.. going by the 5lb number??.. and if your motor happens to be smaller, I would assume that the 1900lb minimum would still apply??.. this definitely would give a lot of people a place to race.. and with today's auto trans technology, compared to the stick, I wouldn't think that a weight break is necessary..

And as far as the fuel goes, I know that VP RACE FUELS will not steer ANYONE wrong.. but are you sure of the C-45, and not C-25??

3. Greg Hogue

Greg Hogue Member

As of now, the fuel is almost wide open AKA Australian Pro Stock. The tentative rules list VP C45, Q16, and C25. The C45 and the Australian fuel are some nasty stuff to handle I'm told. I feel that any fuel is ok as long as everyone runs the same thing. The power on a 400 I'm told is around 20 hp with the hotter fuel.
    On the displacement, The idea is to start at 400 inches and 2300 lbs and count down 5 lbs per cube. This would make 1900 lbs @ 320 cid. We all know that smaller motors are more efficient and this is the idea of the weigh not being the full 5.75 lbs of 400 @ 2300. I was under the understanding that the cars at this weight are hard to get down to, but then I get a call on cars that say they can get down to this weight.
    THe 5 lbs might not be enough and the weight might need to be stair-stepped going down.

4. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

WOW!!.. my miscalculation was actually a good thing.. going down to 320 ci brings in a whole lot more cars...