AllStars

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Brian Browell, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

Doug Doll was given a special pass to run the Allstars. You are not awarded any points from a rain out until the race is completed. So yes, we have an Allstar running in a class that he never earned points in. This is straight from Josh Peterson

guitar builder likes this.
  2. vinny Barone

vinny Barone Member

but he did tech the car in F/D class that makes him eligble NHRA dont give special passes OKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

3. vinny Barone

vinny Barone Member

and once you turn in a tech card you get 10 points rain or no rain go home or race dont mater its 10 points

4. Brian Browell

The rule book says you must earn points, and if you look on his Allstar points, he did not earn any points for the Virginia race. Josh Peterson told me he is being allowed to run because he tried to run F/D, but was not awarded any points. Just can't recall this ever happening before. I am not saying I disagree, just stating the truth.

5. Brian Browell

That is what we thought too, but if that was the case, I would be 10 points ahead of Galbraith and not tyed, because I attended Indy but Galbraith did not and it rained out after Q1. That was when Josh explain to me but no points are awarded for anything until the race is completed,

6. DE3

DE3 Active Member

If you don't return to an event that is rescheduled due to weather, you get 0 points and it is not counted against your quota, even after you are qualified. This happened to me when I inquired after Dinwiddie 2 years ago when I asked why I wasn't credited with 30 for a 1st round loss.

7. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Congrats Brian, you were trucking in the finals

8. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Active Member

I completely agree with NHRA allowing Doug to run F/D at the allstars. It is a special case, The car he drove last year was sold, he did what he could to make it legit at Virginia, but we can't control the weather. NHRA made a fair and reasonable decision. You won't hear me say that often but, hey credit where credit is due.

Congrats Brian on your Allstar win! D3 was killing it!

9. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Steve:
    I was a 1/2" short from being in the movies in which I would have been wearing one of those little black mask instead of drag racing. I didn't get the part because I was 1/2" short. You get the point?

FLAT and guitar builder like this.
  10. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

Is this only a rule in Comp? Pretty sure Brad Burton raced his dad's car in Stock in the All Stars. There's the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, they made the right move in my opinion. We all know about the rules that have been changed over time to accommodate certain racers, this one actually made sense

11. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Active Member

I get what you are saying Ray but it would have been crazy to not allow an allstar rep, and last years world Champ to represent his division because of the weather.

#11 Steve Polhill, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017