Bos Chassis Craft Chassis

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by JKeilers, Nov 23, 2006.

1. JKeilers

JKeilers Member

Anyone have any comments on above chassis?
    Thanks
    Jack Keilers

2. Craig Bourgeois

Bos??

I have seen some Bos cars run really fast, for the most part, I don't think that a Bos chassis is the hot set-up. Especially an incomplete trust "slip joint" set-up. But then, this is just my opinion. I hope this helps you.

3. Jeremy Tanksley

Slip joints are fun, and make the world more slippery. :D :D

#3 Jeremy Tanksley, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. lowcountry

lowcountry New Member

bos

i have a "low milage" 285 inch w/b double slip joint bos dragster. once i got the motor/tranny/tire combo figured out it works fine. no tire shake. quality workmanship. since they have moved to tn from ny mike jr does a great deal of the work. mike sr has turned most of the business over to his 2 sons - they do quality work. i had them put a new body on it and again it was delivered on time and the work was high quality. i trust their work by putting myself in it and going in the mid 6's at over 210 mph - straight, fast and easy to drive.

5. Baltered5266

Baltered5266 Member

The Hatcher group from Kansas has a Bos A/ED. It's one of the nicest built slip tube dragsters that I have seen in a long time. For the little amount of runs they have made with it, the car seems to be good down low too. Might be worth talking to them and taking a look at their car if your looking at buying one.

6. Pete Hanratty

Pete Hanratty Member

Bos Dragster

We have a 2004 Bos ( slip tube ) chassis with less than 80 runs on it. I have been driving AED's for over 20 years, and let me tell you, this car is like driving on train tracks. It also 60's as well as any A car in the country. Regularly in the .970's.
    The most amazing part is that the chassis absolutley eats up bumps without losing a run. Another factor is that it makes weight with a 471 inch motor and 200 pound driver. ( 1610 lbs )

The car has qualified in the top half of the field more times than not. And we have run a 4.840 motor which as everyone knows gives up a quite a bit to the 4.900 guys.
    Honestly we have not scratched the surface of what this chassis is capable of. We have had engine oiliing issues which have kept us from getting the laps necessary to excell.

I can also tell you that the BOS family really stand behind their products. They went above and beyond what could be considered good customer service when we bought this car.

Depending on how PRI weekend goes, this car may be for sale. We'll see...
    For more info on chassis craft feel free to call me anytime 631-995-3250.

Peter Hanratty

7. jim3301

jim3301 New Member

got one for sale

we have a 240" for sale. great cars i would say it's the best dragster that i driven.
    i think they are more for, well not c/ed.
    jim primozic

8. Greg Hogue

Greg Hogue Member

I liked my Boz car , 60' in the 1.02 to 1.05 range , with a D/ed . I really like the Car that Charlie Stewart built for Tina Stulls G/ed . its felt great in the seat , and was a equal to the Boz car in 60' Charlie is gearing up to build a few more , one for me , and one for himself his number is 817 253 5796

9. AFMRacing

AFMRacing New Member

We have dealt with the Bos family from the time I was 11 years old and started racing in Jr.Dragster I won their East Coast National Event in Jr. Dragster at age 12 in one of their dragsters and now race A/A in one of their 32 Bantam roadsters. Their workmanship is extroardinary and the Bos's are great people to work with. We have run a 6.79 in our Mike Bos altered and we would never go to another chassis builder than Mike Bos chassis craft. This car sucks up bumps... I have been dealing with Mike Bos chassis craft since I was 11 years old and now I am 18 years old... We will still be dealing with Bos chassis craft for years to come. Definatly my chassis builder of choice.

-Blake Alexander
    AFM Racing

10. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm, Hanratty's BOS car with 2 carbs, dry sump, and 3 speed.......A/DA..... anyway........ when Rich Bourke was a force to be reckoned with in A/ED, it was with a BOS car......... I would recommend their chassis to anyone.........

STOP THINKING PETE!!!!!!!!

11. Jeremy Tanksley

Mike Bos builds a damned good car, and his son's welding is unbelievable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^This car is and will always be missed. R.I.P. Ol' Whitey, Gatornationals 2000

12. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

Tell us a little about that BLACK car with the flames! I kinda have a soft spot for that one ! lol Shane Heckel

#12 Shane Heckel, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  13. Dave Kommel

Dave Kommel Member

Nice photos! :D

Happy holidays to all from the gang at Auto Imagery.

14. blown375

blown375 New Member

bos car

Mike Bos and sons builds an awesome car ! Bos cars hold a lot of records in comp and they build a great T/D car. I had a Bos car and I will tell you Mike and the boys take a great amount of pride in what they do and they treat their customers like family.
    When I first bought my Bos car I took it back to them to get it updated and set up for a smallblock and re-bodied and I was treated like I was having a new car being built .Mike gave me a price and when I went back to get the car they did a half a dozen extra things to the car and I was afraid of what the bill was going to be! After Mike proudly showed me what they had done on the car I skittishly asked him how much the bill was he told me it was the same price he quoted me and all the extras were free as long as I did a nice job putting the car together. You could not find better people to deal with and there cars work ! My 235" smallblock car went 4.40 @160 in the eighth and1.03 60ft. on the wheelie bar!

The only reason I don't own it anymore is I got a killer deal on a 280"outlaw spitzer car that I love, but I wouldn't hesitate to own another Bos car! Bos and Spitzer are the only two choices in my opinion!

some people on here may not "think slip joint cars are the hot ticket " but I haven't seen many 4 link dragsters that run fast! As far as I'm concerned if you want a 4 link buy a door car! This site is insideCOMPracing not insideWEEKENDBRACKETracing rite?

Bob Frigon Liverpool NY T/D134T

#14 blown375, Dec 28, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  15. lowcountry

lowcountry New Member

bos t/d

i had the exact same thing happen to me last year. i was not the original owner of my bos car - i took it back to them for a new body and other things. when i got the bill it too was very reasonable and they did some little things like powder coating the new wheelie bar that i didn't expect them to do. mike jr does work like the car he is working on is his own racecar. they do treat you like family. mike sr now likes driving the bulldoser and moving the mountain to make room for the rvs to stay from bristol. its neat to see these folks to come to the south but they would fit in anywhere they go - they are good people.

16. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

bos cars

I have 2 jr dragsters he did for us all I can say is there consistant and very light weight,they stick out in a crown and he was fine to deal with.I assume its the same technology on a smaller scale.Never had any problems except post run feedback from a 8 year old.
    Rick

17. Craig Bourgeois

"think slip joint cars are the hot ticket"? How about NO slip joints and No 4-Link on a dragster?

18. blown375

blown375 New Member

Who builds totally rigid dragster? Please please please don't say your talking about front engine dragsters being the hot ticket.

19. Craig Bourgeois

Rigid??

I didn't say totally rigid. I just said no "slip joints" or 4-links on dragsters will still work VERY well. As far as front engine dragsters are concerned, mine has gone .987 60 foot and goes 1.00 to 1.02 almost anywhere. There are certain applications where a f/e dragster may be better. But I believe if you set up a rear dragster correctly, you don't have to have slip joints or a 4-link.

20. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

keep it objective....

ok, one thing this site won't be is a place for pissing matches, and i don't care who started it.

this thread was fine until all the posts that were after the above mentioned posts.

this site is about intellegent conversation about comp racing. craig is entirely entitled to his opinion that a non slip tube chassis is better than a slip tube. there was nothing hateful or slanted remarks about anything he said other than he disagrees.

don't get the fight started again, or risk losing your posting privledges.

keep it clean and objective.