CIC Idea

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Alan Freese, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Alan Freese

Alan Freese Active Member

Guys I was talking to my old girlfriend Art Hodges a while back and he got me thinking on how can we keep guys in the game that race a lot more then the average Comp guy. Here’s my suggestion:
    This only applies to personal CIC
    earn .005 in the “bank” for each divisional you attend - not just buy a tech card but actually make at least 1 qualifying attempt. For a maximum of .03 attainable (6 divisionals) thru the season. These would round down not up example .025 becomes .02 at the end of the year. This accumulated amount would be offset against personal CIC AFTER the season and before the next. It doesn’t sound like a lot but a guy that races a lot can earn a lil back. Im not trying to create Obamacare here but thinking out load to figure a way to help the people that are out there taking risks a lot more often then some of us turds and maybe encourage more participation. Your thoughts???

2. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

I like the idea and Alan, Obamacare came in when they created personal indexes.

nickh, Charlie Yannetti and FLAT like this.
  3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

If the slate can not be wiped clean after every race season, Alan's idea would be a great start.. I've watched too many -.70 players get turned into -.55, or so, racers in the recent past.. this is NOT helping, and unfortunately, those parked in the garage, who I thought the PI would help, stayed in the garage.. not that everyone hasn't taken a ding here and there, but some guys that really got beat up.. some through no fault of their own, while trying to win a round... just sayin'..

nickh likes this.
  4. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Well-Known Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    F..K Obama, Obama care, Michelle Obama, Jo and the Ho and any other democrat.... Just saying.......

5. Andrew Holt

Andrew Holt Member

Ive seen alot of -.70 under players get turned into -.55 under players... and that is exactly how the Comp Index control system is supposed to work. If a combo with a soft index doesn't get adjusted after somebody hits it, how is a class with a tough index ever supposed to be competitive over time versus it.

6. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

Well here's my .02

If people would go to the races with the mindset of winning the race, the indexes would fix themselves. Most go to qualify and protect index. Some of you guys go to dick swing in qualifying, then shut off and get your ass kicked 1st round to save some C.I.C.
    If everyone went to win the race instead of save index, the class in whole would be in better shape......Let them hang guys!

FLAT likes this.
  7. Andrew Holt

Andrew Holt Member

Me and my brother have discussed an option kinda related to this lately. How about no CIC hits on losing runs. To get a hit, you must be xx under and win the round. That way, if you run it out the back door and lose, no harm to you. But if you do take the hit, at least you did it in a winning effort. I think it would make overall racing better, and could make overall more CIC corrections as people that are too fast have to show their "cards" more often.

Charlie Yannetti likes this.
  8. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

Too bad Shane never had any to swing around. Or hang down
    Clark Smiley

FLAT and SEAN DODD like this.
  9. SmileyRacing

My idea is how about every time a person hits his personal everyone with the same letters on his or her hood scoop gets hit as well. Think about it. It just might work.
    Clark Smiley

10. Troy Galbraith

Andrew... wouldn't that mean the racer who is .100 on the tree and 70 under loses nothing and the racer who is .010 upfront and runs 62 under for the W takes 2 perm? If ya wanna run it out the back door most events have a test n tune on Thursdays.... have at it. Lets keep the racing... racing.

TG

#10 Troy Galbraith, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    FLAT likes this.
  11. SmileyRacing

YES SIR. MR TG
    Clark Smiley

12. Andrew Holt

Andrew Holt Member

Hey Troy...Yes. First off...I'm personally don't really have an issue with the racing we have now...but in the spirit of brainstorming trying to bounce some ideas around. My "theory" is that the .62 under run in your example really wouldn't be that bad...because the other guy would shut it off early...because who wants to take a big hit on a losing effort. So by giving the winner the only hit...it makes the car that is fast less of a reason to let off if its going to be close. If you stay in it...you may take a big hit...but if you lose...no skin off your back. But that way both drivers will run it to the finish line. I guess I see it as more to the finish line racing means more index adjustments which makes more accurate indexes. The downside is that yes.. your going to see a fast run get ignored on a losing effort. Again...just a theory.

And Clark...I'm not a super fan of the PI system. For one...its opened a can of worms where two drivers with two cars can just swap cars to gain index. That seems unfair. Personal indexes are attached to drivers...but the racing vehicle (and by that logic...the class) is really what is fast...and if too fast should be adjusted.

13. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

All the intentions to level the playing field are good......but the "Comp"plicated reputation that Comp has earned , has also ruined the engineering accomplishments that Comp is or was known for . How about taking .5 (1/2 a second } off the whole Index system for one full year and evaluate it "after" one full year.....it couldn't be any worse than this "index system" that we are enduring now . Back to Comp racing.....the best engineering wins.....

14. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

No more CIC/ personal indexes, Go back to original comp, go faster than .50 under anytime your index gets hit. with one note. Only the fastest car gets hit by the difference between the fastest under run versus 2nd fastest under run. Fastest car goes .55 under in qualifying, 2nd fastest car goes .52 under Car number 1 gets hit .03. works in mine shaft also, Fastest car goes .60 under, 2nd fastest goes .55 under, fastest car gets hit only .05

everyone will have a soft index to start, so no need for personal indexes

15. greg williams

greg williams Member

I was with you until your second sentence.Way too complicated for me.

SmileyRacing and SEAN DODD like this.
  16. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

And to think leaving Super Stock and going to Comp I thought I would get away from conversations like this lol

17. Adger Smith

Adger Smith Member

Ed, are you still looking for shoe polish?

18. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Well-Known Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Clark/Shane:
    You must admit it really nice to have some dick to swing......

19. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

20. Craig Bourgeois

I think we need to look at the one run or no run rule that presently goes automatic mineshaft. Who ever thought of that? I sure hope I didnt vote on that one!