Comp 2020

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Alan Freese, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Alan Freese

Alan Freese Active Member

No Comp at 6 National events
    (2/6) Div 7 seven races
    Vegas1
    Sonoma
    SRAC we need some help on this
    Entry numbers are up no need to kick us in the nuts
    West coast top to bottom
    Pomona Feb
    Phoenix Feb
    Seattle Aug
    Vegas 2 Nov
    Pomona Nov
    Anyone????

brewer67nova likes this.
  2. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

alan,sorry to see and hear this but ,its not just comp they are treating all sportmans worse than they have ever.we I guess we have become n always will be a FILL IN. they don't try to hide it they just shove it in our faces n up our asses,like it or not. whats really sad is its not changing n we have no one fighting for us,we us is all we got.best could happen is if we had another route to travel,maybe an organization that like what we had to offer,respect for the funds we spend,over n over.sponsorship n continenes have faided as to nothing.wish I had the answer but not stopping for sure,way addicted as I feel most of us are.

welkerm and FLAT like this.
  3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Guys, guys.. this is nothing new.. you have been enduring this treatment for years, and keep showing up for races.. NHRA knows that as long as they open the gates, you will come, spend your hard earned money, get qualifying runs cancelled, and then get treated like crap besides.. qualifying money gone, contingency money disappearing, contingency money never paid without a fight.. BUT, at least in D1, Comp is mostly pitted on black top..

Some will say, usually the Top 20 or so, stop your whining, go work on your stuff, and get out there and race.. I'm not sure that those are the answers, cause we all have been hearing them year after year with nothing changing.. NHRA is comfortable that as long as they tell you that Comp is alive, you will keep coming.. and sadly, NHRA is right..

Maybe the SRAC reps need to be investigating another place to play, cause it seems that several Divisions are not providing what Comp racers expect.. I'm sure there are other organizations that will welcome Sportsman money...

This is your future.. TF, Funny Car, Pro Mod, Prostock (for now), Factory Shoot Out ( the NEW Pro Stock) , TAD and TAFC (here and there), TD, TS.. and the rest of us Sportsman Racers??.. pay up, shut up, or stay home.. just sayin'...

toyotaturbo and welkerm like this.