Comp car counts in '05

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Dave Ring, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

I just got my year ending Nitro Joes stats. Hear are the car counts by type: Dragsters-110; Altereds (including trucks and promods) 225; Street Roadsters-9; and Super Mods-96. The total was 440 cars. These data overstates the actually car counts because it counts car which switches classes as two cars or one car with two drivers (ex-Book's A/D or Aragona's G/ED) as two cars. Still the worry that Super Mods are taking over comp and that there are no dragsters left seems to be inconsistant with the facts.

2. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Well-Known Member

Looks like the Altereds are taking over.. although the altered classes have always been strong.. I'd be curious to see how many Pure altereds there were, Without the trucks and promods.. But the altered classes include full bodied cars and 23T/bantam bodied cars so there is a lot of diversity in the altered classes.. considering the relatively low number of Super Mod classes I am very impressed with their numbers..

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Hey guys........ let's not forget that NHRA created even more chances for the altereds and super mods to increase their numbers by adding the /AA and /SMA classes........ do that in the dragster classes and watch things start to come around......... remember, when they did it they also threw in weight brakes and different indexes........

4. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

Adding the automatic classes to dragsters is fine with me and has been since Pam Miskovsky asked for it.

5. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Well-Known Member

I agree adding Automatic classes for the dragsters is a good idea.. maybe we could get more A/D's down the track without shaking dental work loose..