Comp is in as good a shape as any class in NHRA

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rob Harrison, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

Comp is tough , Alcohol Funny Car and Dragster , ProStock is tough , Top Fuel , Funny Car,,,,,,I do not think Comp is under any more pressure than the whole system . The SS , bracket stuff will always be around.....the people that race Comp style race cars will always be the same......performance based people . bracket racing will never be performance based....not to say they are not good , just not performance based .

FLAT and Clint Neff like this.
  2. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

Sure wish Igor could come out and play! Miss you out here!

3. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    There is a simple solution and it's called money. Just a little would go a long way to get people out. Your entry money back for god's sake would be a start..... Quit running manufacturing people off would also be a good start with silly shit like a few tickets to them like the old days..... This ain't rocket science.......

#3 Raymond Martin, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Charlie Yannetti and FLAT like this.
  4. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

It's a shame that the Left Coast Ass Clowns are hell bent on destroying this sport as we know it.. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they don't come to National Events anymore because of the price of tickets, and also the lack of a manufacturer's midway..

AND.. dropping Pro Stock to an 8 car field just dropped the fan base by a bunch..

I've been told in the past that NHRA is trying to move away from classes that require too much tech, such as Comp, and that they have actually downsized the Tech Dept accordingly.. that is one of the leg ups for TD and TS.. a lot of fast cars with very little tech..

Car counts at the last few races in D1, and good car counts at most races in D3, is certainly a noticable improvement, BUT have they noticed??