Comp News

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Shaun Vincent, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

FYI,
    I am not sure if most of you guys pay attention to NHRARacer.com for updates and rule changes. But here is some things that just came out.

2018 Mineshaft and Year End Review Changes for Competition Eliminator

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=70499&zoneid=132

The previous Year-End Review policy (with two -0.76 runs) has been eliminated to more fairly represent the competitors in a class, under the current Personal Index policy. NHRA still reserves the right to make year-end adjustments in any class that consistently outperforms all other competitors (based strictly on Elapsed time) in NHRA’s discretion, NHRA reserves the right to adjust the index of that class to maintain parity within the eliminator.

The Mineshaft Policy has also been adjusted to accommodate special event circumstances. Should event eliminations take place before one complete qualifying session was completed, then the normal Mineshaft Policy will be in place.

AND it looks like after Englishtown was dropped and Richmond was added, Comp will not run in Richmond, but was added to Atlanta.

http://promod.nhra.com/userfiles/file/18_classes.pdf

2. Joey arrowsmith

Joey arrowsmith New Member

Man If it's that easy to add comp to a race they should really consider adding comp to Topeka! We all know how nhra is about money... they would easily get close to 35-40 cars at a national in Topeka... and as always, bring comp back to brainerd nationals as well

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I still believe that Comp should be at ALL races.. and now we see how easy it actually is... fill in the blanks, and hit enter... TAH-DAH!!!!!

4. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

The SRAC reps agree that Comp should be at every race.We work hard at trying to get more and more added. As our participation keeps on increasing as last year it will help the cause.

Charlie Yannetti likes this.
  5. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

I hope the srac reps are pushing for all races comp is contested at, they should at least get one qualifying run. not going to eliminations without even being down the track once is not acceptable.

6. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

WOW!!.. I can't remember that happening, but actually, it wouldn't surprise me these days.. LOL.. and thanks to the SRAC reps for working on this..