Comp people

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Greg Schenck, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

Why I love comp. This past weekend in Houston, I witnessed Sean Dodd thrashing on his son's broken SC car to benefit his championship run. For first round of comp he told his opponent (Art Hodges) that he might not make it. So not only Sean that has a killer car and can win any race but his son was more important to him and then you have Art. He refused to go up without Sean but NHRA officials forced him at the last minute. That's sportsmanship at the finest.

Congrats to Craig Bourgeois, Bryan Worner and Christopher Dodd for their Championship titles

2. SEAN DODD

SEAN DODD Member

Thanks Greg and Art . And Congratulation to Craig on another championship . We love racing comp and look forward to next season ,it should be exciting .

Wes Leopold and terry smith like this.
  3. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Hey, you told me you were scared. Of course I’m going to wait on him, he’s my buddy. On top of that he loaned me a third member to take to Vegas, Sean, Chris and family “Class Act” awesome job Chris, you da man.
    Greg you are right that is what comp is about. Since I’m on here I just want to say before anyone gives Joey Arrowsmith any crap, him and his dad have one bad hot rod and awesome people to boot. I wish them the best.

4. Joey arrowsmith

Thank you Art, always a pleasure racing with great people like yourself!! My dad,Jim and I work very hard on making that car as fast as it is and continue to tweak little things to test with. Before 1st round we put 60lbs in the car, turned the rpm launch down 800 and I tried to scrub at the top end... was 15mph slower than normal and I still went -.709..... at that point it was either load it up in the trailer or go out and try to win the race which is exactly what we attempted. It was great resetting my personal best and getting asked “just how fast can that car go” from multiple people. We had a great time in Houston and this year and can’t wait till next year to race with everyone again!! Big congrats to Mr. Bourgeois on the win and national championship as well as to Christopher Dodd on his! Was awesome to watch it in person!

FLAT and SEAN DODD like this.