Comp WFO Qualifying Houston

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by 71mavlouisville, Apr 5, 2021.

1. 71mavlouisville

Hi, hope you all are well and ready to race in Houston!

The Comp WFO Qualifying program will take place on Saturday at the Houston Divisional. Drum up some support, tell your friends to watch on NHRA.Tv It’s free and will give them something to watch besides stick and ball. Pomona was postponed so were the only gig in town. Good burnouts and parachutes!

There are some minor changes in the program.

The ladder will be provided on Saturday Morning by 9 a.m. I will make the ladder based off of the first qualifying session. If you are not participating in the Comp WFO Qualifying program please let me know on Friday. If you are not participating you will be taken off of the ladder and the rest of the field will move up.

Recap of the basics.

The program is based off of winning your pair. It is not just based off how far under you go.
    In the first pair you must win to get into the A-field. If you lose then you are in the B-field.
    The second session you must win your pair to be eligible for the winnings. A or B Field.

Weather is looking good. Hope to see many cars there.

Remember - for the Sportsman Bonus Fund - if you weren’t at Belle Rose then you MUST attend Houston (Clark) hope your truck doesn’t break down, I’ll come pick you up if you need help. Or if you blower blows in the burnout of the first session we can help push you to the line so your on the sheet. JK about the pushing

PS - buy some damn shingles and help Comp out!!!!!

2. Billy Anderson

Billy Anderson New Member

Hi there. Big Comp fan here, excited to see this on NHRA.tv. I think I've sort of figured it out based on the original post about the program, as well as the results posted from Event 4-1.

Will the ladder be available on Drag Race Central or posted either here or Facebook? I think seeing the ladder in action will help me understand. It appears to be paired up based on performance to index. I've always been a fan of matching of similarly indexed racecars against each other so it could basically be a heads-up race. Just a thought.

Excited to see it ion action. The Comp portions of the Class Racer Revival and World Doorslammer Nationals were very exciting to watch with the competitors unconcerned about permanent index changes. To steal a quote, it was WAY COOL!!!

3. 71mavlouisville

Thank you for your interest. Hope we can meet your expectations. The program was developed with this format in mind (NHRA.Tv) I think everyone that participated enjoyed it in Belle Rose. The winners were surprising. I thought Cashio was a sure winner, but, you never know whats going to happen. I also thought Plourd had me in the 2nd session. I think he spun a little and I was able to take the stripe and win the A-Field Runner up and $500! That round was a rematch of the 3rd round last year at the same event. I was pretty pumped up and hit the tree ok, Brad killed the tree as usual. It was nice being able to run it to the stripe without having to tighten up the stripe like last year. We all know how that turned out for me :(

The ladder will be posted on Facebook Sportsman Bonus Fund by 9 am on Saturday. You are correct it is based on performance to index, pairing cars with similar under the index performance, which should make for close racing. The drivers must win the round first (A-Field 2 wins and B-Field 1 win) and then the overall winners/runners up are based on total under the index of the 2 rounds.

#3 71mavlouisville, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021