Comp WFO Qualifying

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by 71mavlouisville, Jan 25, 2021.

1. 71mavlouisville

There will be a program during Competition Eliminator qualifying at all Division 4 LODRS events this year. It is basically a "race within a race" during the last 2 qualifying sessions at each event. It was developed by me and graciously supported by Rodger Brogden in addition to the Sportsman Bonus Fund in Division 4 this year. We will start this in Belle Rose at the first D4 LODRS event February, 26-28th.

If you are planning on attending the Belle Rose points meet or any Division 4 event this year and competing in Competition Eliminator please contact me. You can call or text - nine 7two nine9nine three3nine1

Other contacts -
    Facebook/Instagram - Hudson Racing
    Facebook/Instagram - sportsman bonus fund

I would rather discuss this program with you directly ahead of time before you get to the track.

Ashton

welkerm likes this.
  2. deuces wild

deuces wild Active Member

For you guys in Division 4, I hope you realize how much work Ashton has put into this qualifying deal. No one else will have anything like this. This along with Rodger’s deal makes D4 the best division to race comp in. Don’t take it for granted. I get the feeling some of you are. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity.......

-Ed

3. Fast1

Fast1 Member

I was wondering about the Comp guys that choose to NOT run all out in qualifying, and are picking a spot on the Qualifying sheet.. Will they be allowed to run after or what can or will be done about them? I'm thinking about guys like Williams, Thomas, Bougouis that like to pick their spots on the sheet.

4. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

Don’t be worried about “thinking”about thomas that dude runs that shit out. He is just slow. If he lifts before 1320 it cause something fell of his car. He don’t even lift in eliminations.
    Clark Smiley

SEAN DODD likes this.
  5. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

Ashton has worked his butt off on this project and has already address the issue of the ladder pickers, so get yourself a good seat at Belle Rose and hopefully I can make it to the other end on full power.

6. Bman 353

Bman 353 Member

So what is the program?

Unfortunately I'm 1200 miles away, so not likely I'll make that haul to a pts meet, but think its great that you guys are going outside the box to increase participation and interest in the category!

7. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Ashton has worked very hard in organizing this. He is a great advocate for Comp racing or drag racing in general. Sadly he has to deal with people like Clark Smiley! ha ha

8. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

1. I appreciate Ashton’s time and Rodgers money. I never said anything against that. It sounds like a fun program.
    2. But I did say Don is slow. And Michael you can have fun with him on the bottom of the sheet.
    3. If you would like to line up against me I can help you load your car after we run!
    Clark Smiley

9. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Well-Known Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Damit Clark, you're just mean. May someone steal all your pulleys....

10. Todd Hall

Todd Hall Member

Clark is just jealous because his son is a bigger fan of uncle Don than him!

11. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Ashton said in his proposal he wanted some trash talk! So, we gave him some. Except that Clark goes for the jugular from the start. He doesn't even warm you up with a little trash talk, he gets right to the point! I actually enjoy it!