Comp

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by SmileyRacing, Nov 28, 2017.

1. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

Ed, yeah that is one example. I’ve raced more national events in superstock actually. Was the same experience for us.

2. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

ok I want to argue if that works for you, now we can out it out of the way. One of the experiences that you offered up to help was that you are harassed by tech and I am sorry I just don't believe that is true. If it is please speak up and reach about it out as I said in earlier posts because I can assure you the NHRA would not condone an official doing that.
    I have an open mind that "new blood" may be racing somewhere else that certain individuals feel is better but that's an opinion. I am hoping that they are looking at this forum and thinking of getting into Comp so why not let them see;

1- what you say is harassment may not really be that but actually tech officials doing what they are supposed to do.
    2- yes we sometimes lose qualifying shots at events because we are lower in the pecking order but NHRA does the best they can with the conditions that arise and by the way be tested and ready to go in case it does happen but not always.
    3- oh yeah the entry is higher at a national event than some other options but you can win + or - $10,000 if you choose the manufactures that support our class and have their decals on along with obtaining the most coveted & prestigious trophies with it.
    4- that as you may or not know some pit areas can be less desirable but the NHRA staff does their best to accommodate everyone the best they can. By the way at many of the events the pit areas we get are class A space.
    5- the Comp rules, policies and procedures can be hard to understand for some but there is a great team from NHRA, class representatives and fellow racers that are more than willing to help you understand it completely.

So if you truly enjoy Comp I am glad to hear it but it would be hard to see that from your posts.
    I am not combative because someone says something I don't like, its not about me. Its about the class and I get upset about all the negativity (which is sometimes greatly exaggerated) when there's so much good and enjoyable to say about Comp. Ask anyone who knows me personally my only agenda is MOST DEFINITELY the preservation of the class and encouraging people to participate and if you want to do the same maybe try some optimism like my examples 1-5 above.

Again, nothing personal!

3. boostedf22c

You sound more like a rep for NHRA, not the racers.

As a racer I have voiced my opinion. Do with it what you will.

FLAT and projack like this.
  4. Frank Aragona Jr.

If that's your response, that says it all.

5. boostedf22c

Yup.

6. craig schuck

craig schuck Active Member

Frank, Thanks for the countless hours you give to comp by getting on this forum and smashing peoples opinions. Just what we all want from our reps. Merry Christmas

7. boostedf22c

Frank, just so you know, we choose to run Comp, we aren't forced too because of our combo. We have a choice. We race Comp because we like it. We have many other options and places to race, some people don't. And unfortunately the other options are starting to look a lot more inviting. That's just the reality of it. So don't act like I'm being all negative, I'm being realistic.

Just curious, when is the last time you have gone out to a non NHRA event and tried to recruit new Comp racers? I've been to 4 non NHRA events this year and 5 last year doing so. And most say the same things I have reiterated to you, which is why I've mentioned it, but you seem to think they are non-issues in regards to comps growth.

Like I've said numerous times, I love division races, just not nationals for reasons cited that you obviously disagree with for some reason?? I'm just being realistic and offering you, a rep, my opinion as I attend a lot of "non NHRA" races and talk with people there about Comp. These would be the "new blood" racers that would help Comp grow

#47 boostedf22c, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    FLAT likes this.
  8. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Just a quick comment Carey. Totally see your point but where I am confused is, if these other venues are so good why are you wasting your time with comp and why come on here and bash the roots of comp? There is no doubt comp has its issues but how bout show us some ways to make it better instead of all the negativity.
    I wish you the best in your endeavor's but you chose a tough class, again best of luck.

Second item: Raymond you really went after George and you know he has a good point. When it comes to those mind shaft races there will be issues for a lot of guys including yourself. I just cant see my buddy getting picked on. your right he is bigger than both of us, still my buddy.

Merry Christmas to all, hope Santa brings you that tenth you are asking for.

9. boostedf22c

That's a good question Art. And something we are going to discuss this off season.

If you feel I'm bashing comp, I apologize. That's not my intention. I was merely trying to give my opinions of my experiences at national events only. If anything I'm bashing some of the NHRA national event staff. Not the class or the racers itself.

#49 boostedf22c, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  10. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Ok this dead horse has been beat into dog food.
    Hey Art why don't you and George get in a plane and come down to Texas and me and Raymond will give y'all a Texas size beating. Hope he is really as big as he thinks he is.
    Clark Smiley

FLAT likes this.
  11. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Clark,
    I’m hoping that’s an invite. I have already put on our schedule ur double up and Monday race. I st remember when u whip up on me I’m staying at ur house.
    As for Raymond he’s already whipped my ass but I don’t mind trying again. Merry Christmas and tell ur parents happy holidays

12. projack

projack Member

Carey, we’ve been where you are right now. You are talking to guys who talk in circles to try and tell us how to feel, and we were also told to go race somewhere else if we didnt like how the rules are and how we’re being treated....so that’s exactly what we’re doing. We’re going to run the full NMCA schedule in the class n/a 10.5 instead...and maybe a couple close comp races if we feel like it. If they tell you to leave, eventually people will...and then that’s one more less car for an already short field. And for all of you who feel the same way we do, just letting you all know from our experiences this past year, they treat us very well in NMCA, and there are a lot of comp cars that can competitively run over there, and it’s an especially awesome schedule for d3 racers.

13. DE3

DE3 Active Member

So someone's negative opinion is ok, but an honest rebuttal by Frank pulls a smart ass response out of you? You are uninformed at best when it comes to how much he's done for his fellow Comp racers and the inordinate amount of time he's spent doing it.

14. cervelli7

cervelli7 Member

Craig , Well said. I like that when you post it is always a valid point.Now that my wife has let the cat out of the bag that we will race a full season in NMCA , I guess I can say what I really think the rule changes did for the class.Nothing but chase racers out of the class.Wrecked racing to the finish line, by the way you can in NMCA ,and not want to kill yourself after. It showed you could buy a guys car to get clean index (if your rich),and go for a championship.It might have brought in a few new racers,but it is chasing out some old ones to. JMO

FLAT likes this.
  15. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Clark, help me out here old buddy. What the hell is NMCA?? Your further north than I am. Maybe the word just hasn't got down this far. Hey Art and George, really, Merry Christmas.....

16. boostedf22c

You mean someone’s honest opinion? I’ve also given positive opinions as well.

17. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Never said it wasn't honest, just that your post was generally negative in context. If that's how you feel, then so be it. The funny thing is, Frank tries to at least give reasoning and a different perspective on what may be perceived as negative, and yet it falls on some deaf ears. He's probably raced more often and at more places than 95% of the people here, yet the negatives refuse to see it any other way. Have I had a couple of negative days at the track? Yes. Do I wish there was more contingency and purse? Who doesn't? But I also enjoy the hell out of it and it's not enough to make me quit. I'll do that I my terms, not those who continue to spread negativity at any cost.

18. craig schuck

craig schuck Active Member

DE3, Im well informed... Seems like a constant theme to me. New guy posts some things he don't like about comp or nhra and frank gives him 10 reasons why he is wrong. Thats negative and combative. Let the man give his opinion. Say ok. Then see if any of his points are concerns any other racers have. That is my opinion on how a rep should operate on this forum and for the class.

19. boostedf22c

I can only speak from my own personal experiences, some are negative, some are positive. I've made both negative and positive comments in this thread and on this forum in other threads since I've been here. I'm just being honest and calling things how I see them as a fellow comp racer that is fairly new to this class. I re-read the posts I made and I feel it's pretty clear where I stand. I would imagine if we are all being honest there are positives and negatives to be brought up in debate as we don't all see eye to eye on things. That's just reality.

I'm not sure who you are referring to "spreading negativity at any cost"? That's definitely not me.

Who said anything about quitting? Over some comments on a internet forum?? I might not race Comp my whole life, but I'll be racing something!!! :)

20. Frank Aragona Jr.

Its a shame that's what I am doing as!
    Happy Hanukkah