Comp

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by SmileyRacing, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Craig, as far as Franks compassion for the class and job as a rep goes, you are completely misinformed. You have no idea of the lengths he goes to find out majority opinions and the feelings of the racers on many topics here in D1. He's listened to more than his fair share of opinions, and always makes it very clear that he welcomes feedback and communication. I couldn't tell you how many emails we got during the year from him asking for opinions, announcing programs, or anything else Comp related, like supporting the banquet. I can count on 1 hand or less, how many others have gone to those lengths.
    Frank did not tell him he was wrong, he merely gave real world reasoning of things that can be perceived wrong. Such as the "harassment" by tech as them just doing their job. It's not combative, it's experience. It's looking at it from a different perspective.

2. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Frank its sad to see that a post of that nature is your liking. I have a lot of respect for you as I always did and I truly don't believe you think I am "smashing opinions" but we can leave it at that. I said this before and I will say it again. I don't want to see you or anyone else choosing to race Comp less. I know you are not happy with some of the recent rule changes and you should do what you enjoy, I certainly do. I think one thing we will agree on is that it is impossible to have everyone happy with all the rules in any sanction.

3. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Like I said, how you feel is how you feel. I'm sure there are very few people who haven't had a negative experience, for one reason or another, at one time or another. I'm not disagreeing with that. It's all in how you choose to deal with those instances.

The negativity comment was not for you, but a general one for the constant naysayers.

And the quitting comment was me making light of some foot stomping over what are some really menial reasons.

Frank Aragona Jr. likes this.
  4. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

He didn’t directly tell me I was wrong, but in his response he assumed I was over reacting to NHRA just doing their job.

In regards to the harassment comment. That occurred. No logical argument against that can be made. I got an apology from the national tech director and several other tech officials and the “head” tech official that over stepped his authority was suddenly no longer an NHRA employee within weeks after that incident, and rules were re-written. So even NHRA, who seems to never admit to wrong doing, did. So that’s not me over reacting. Believe me. If you ever see me at a race ask me about it. Way too much to type.

That was in 2013. I still wasn’t allowed to race in the US Nationals that year, which was heart breaking, but NHRA’s handling of that, after the fact, is why I continued to support the class. We had just converted the car from Super Stock to Comp. Which was an astronomical expense and that was my first experience. So I kind of remember it. :)

5. Frank Aragona Jr.

Carey,
    That is actually refreshing to hear and also speaks to my experience of no Harassment. That's a rare incident and it was apparently rectified in a proper manner. That is a positive to me when an organization has a rouge employee or official and rectifies it. It is certainly unfortunate that you or anyone else had to experience it.

6. GeorgeJr

GeorgeJr Member

Thank you Frankie for all your hard work as a rep.
    As I said recently your support with setting up comp division one
    Support
    Thanks slawkoracing heads and firematic supply .
    Bye the way Clark you don't want a piece of me or art we take shits bigger then your arms and legs
    Thanks to all comp division reps.
    Now I will see if the school teacher doesn't like my spelling he doesn't realize my fingers size doesn't like keyboards
    Happy holidays

7. Frank Aragona Jr.

I never said you were forced to so I don't know where that came from.

I do not attend non NHRA events and I do not attend events to recruit new Comp racers. I very much enjoy NHRA national and divisional events. As you very well know NHRA is the only sanction that has Comp available to run. I do spend a lot of time talking to anyone and everyone that wants to, about Comp.

I am glad that you love divisionals and I hope you continue to attend them. I have sometimes experienced the same things (undesirable pit space, lost qualifying runs, and it costs just as much to attend) at divisionals that keep you away from nationals so personally id rather race a national for double the entry cost and close to 7 times the purse. So I guess it hard for me to understand your thoughts on this and harder to believe that's what is keeping the "new blood" out of Comp.

8. boostedf22c

We clearly, don’t even remotely, see eye to eye on anything, which is fine, so lets just agree to disagree and stop wasting everyone’s time.

We would have a hard time communicating in person, let alone the internet. :)

Backyard Bandit likes this.
  9. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

Carey,
    If you buy a couple extra comp cars I’ll volunteer to drive one and promise to no show when we are paired off, I bet Yannetti would do the same. You may enjoy your time and potential winnings more then.

10. boostedf22c

Some of us value time and money more than others apparently.:D:D:D

11. Doug5814

Doug5814 New Member

Face it Clark they just don't want us at the National events.

Doug Hill
    I/SMA

12. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Yes Brian.. you're right.. I always professed the team concept. like it or not.. and it was usually not.. kinds like KNOW YOUR ROLL... LOL!!!

So, Carey, put me in coach, I'm ready to play...

13. boostedf22c

Need to pass the “Affordable Race Car Act” :)