Dallas Meet

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Raymond Martin, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

Thank all you COMP racers for coming out. It was great to have such a turn-out. Sorry about Dennis Smiley losing his car but the important thing is he didn't get hurt.
    Now on to the UGLY---- Hey Billy Meyer spend some money and fix the God awful pits... You had to dodge the mud holes and then when you did get back after a run you had to DE-ROCK your GD race car. What a F-ing shame. This place used to be the Jewel in NHRA Race Tracks. What the hell happened? Hey Billy, sell that personal shed you had for yourself back in the day when you were racing and use the money to improve your shit -hole pits.....

2. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Congratulations to Joey for winning and Brian for runner-up. Joey bitch-slapped me in the 3rd round. It still stings....

FLAT likes this.
  3. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Raymond,
    Always poise to the point. Awesome turn out. Everyone ran good, bunch of great racers. Best of luck to all.
    Dennis?

4. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Believe it, or not, I'm going to jump on board with Raymond on this one.. BUT, not only the pits at Dallas, but at many facilities across the Country.. it might be me, BUT, I'm not seeing the upkeep of the pits, and in some cases, the actual racing surfaces and shut down areas..

NOW, that being said, who is actually responsible??.. where is the money going??.. and maybe, JUST MAYBE, someone should actually be looking into the marketing side of all this.. empty stands mean no money, and then, no upkeep, or improvements..

Hopefully, it's not just a case of track owners taking in, and not taking care of business.. to me, it actually becomes a racer safety issue... JUST SAYIN'...

Didn't hear anything about Dennis up here in the Northeast, but hope he is OK...

PS: great turn out, and some great racing.. GOOD JOB!!

Greg Schenck and SEAN DODD like this.