DD/AT Index

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by boostedf22c, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

I guess you threw me off with the sarcastic "seems logical" part. That indicated that there was a top secret logical way of fixing the problem. Sorry for asking, dude

2. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

I was more or less venting with that comment. Or crying as one person pointed out....haha.

Nothing about Comp is logical. :)

FLAT likes this.
  3. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Yeah I get mad when some a$$hole hits my index. Just trying to make a joke in a bad situation. Cervelli has made some very valid points. i have said it many times to different people " I don't like the personal index thing but they should have just added it and not give any index back. The indexes were just starting to get pretty even and there were tighter and tighter fields.
    Clark Smiley.

boostedf22c likes this.
  4. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

Nice to see us all working together for the common good..........

mike wharram likes this.
  5. Tim Kish

Tim Kish New Member

So are you only allowed to take .10 personal total or is it more a function of an individual run that is more than .71 under taking permanent? Could you take .05 personal (-.65) 3 events in a row and not take permanent versus one pass at -.80 and taking permanent?

6. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

Way off base, where do you get 2 tenths in 3-4 years? They only gave a tenth back.

7. Brian Landies

Say what's on your mind Bob don't be passive aggressive

8. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

So are we stuck with personal index? It seems to be a burden for the tracks and hard for even the racers to keep track of. I dont want to have to keep track of my competitors personal index. I got enough to do when im racing. Can we go back to how it was???

Do we have to continue down this road. Who is steering the bus?

Brian Landies likes this.
  9. BenHolt

BenHolt Member

This is the way I see it:

Race 1. Personal 7.00. Permanent 7.00. Run .65 under (6.350). Personal now 6.95. Permanent still 7.00

Race 2. Run .65 under personal (6.300). Personal now 6.90. Permanent still 7.00

Race 3 Run .65 under personal (6.250) which is now .750 under the permanent (7.000). Personal is now 6.85 and permanent class is 6.95

Scenario 2. Same original indexes. 1 race run .800 under. Personal and permanent are now both 6.90 since you can only hit a max of one tenth after the race is over.

10. projack

projack Member

Ok...I apologize for misquoting. Only 63 classes got some index back in 2013. It wasn't a full tenth. My point is that they are giving index back, when that is not the solution. We need cars racing to the finish line again.

11. boostedf22c

So they put the indexes back where they were before the gifts. Then PI doesn't really matter, and everyone runs all out again. I can understand that much easier. :)

projack and Brian Landies like this.
  12. 377 D/A

377 D/A Member

excellent questions craig. the silence is deafening isnt it.

ian

13. Brian Landies

14. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

I look at the car counts and the constant complaining from the participants and I can't see what motivates NHRA to keep this class. As a class we likely require more supervision than any other class - which adds to NHRA's investment - and then routinely have 16 cars or less at most races and then complain?? Personally I'm very grateful to still have somewhere to run my junk. Is it perfect - absolutely not but if I'm the highest paid guy on a losing team I'm not in a really good position to force the owners to implement changes to make me happy. I for one will continue to be happy they still provide me - and my customers - a place to do what we all love. In the end If this class goes belly up where do we go from here?? Bracket racing's most expensive cars and that doesn't interest me

15. Brian Landies

I don't disagree with that. It's the complaining and high maintenance behavior that got us to this point. All some of us are asking for is to go back to simpler days where a hit was a hit and 60 under was a great run. Remember this started because Frank asked someone to stop crying (or venting or whatever). Frank wasn't complaining.

16. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

I very much agree with Bob. We have what we have to race at the moment and Im thankful and happy we do!

FLAT and Bob Book like this.
  17. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

That is also true so let's put all this in the past and try to make the most out of this dysfunctional class we all love. Far from perfect but still the best game in town!

FLAT, boostedf22c and Clint Neff like this.
  18. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

I have worked on or owned a comp car since 1974 and have seen a lot a changes and I can't say this one is the worst but a comp racer adapts and moves forward till the next change it is how it has been for ever.

19. boostedf22c

I'm definitely grateful for a class to race in as I've been involved in several classes and even series that up and dissolved. You don't really care about all the petty stuff when you don't have a place to race.

This is why I landed here in Comp. I saw it as a unique class, similar to what I was racing as far as badass setups, we've just had a hard time adjusting to this type of racing and understanding of the rules.

20. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Like in "I" Phone operation or TV remotes, get a kid to explain it to you. It's really not that hard. The only real thing that will help is the listing of current PI's handed out at the race before first round so your crew can check if the spot shown on the scoreboard is what it should be. I would still like to see people qualify off their "Personal" and all this jawing back and forth would disappear I do think. Like Brian said I've been racing Comp forever and I plan to do whatever is sent down the pipeline and be thankful there is a place for the hard core comp racers to race so the best man can turn on the win light and come back for the next round....... On another note happy 4th of July and let's be thankful a bunch of salty old men bitch slapped the Brits and sent them back to England where they can enjoy their fish and chips and have a "Fag" (cigarette).....

Brian Browell likes this.