DIV 4 ENNIS

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by hickeybros, May 1, 2017.

1. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

great job in comp field to come out on top,seems they had a fine group at 19,more than most points meets i've seen.congradulations mr BOURGEOIS.

guitar builder, ken reich and FLAT like this.
  2. guitar builder

guitar builder Active Member

19 car's, in Tex is real good I think, Bourgeois Rocks !

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Encouraging turn-out in D4... and CONGRATS to Craig Bourgeois on a great job!!

guitar builder likes this.
  4. Keith Mawhee

Keith Mawhee New Member

I agree- 19 cars was/is a nice turn out. Especially considering D3 was hosting a meet in Indy (21 cars on the sheet), and the national event in Charlotte (14 more). That's 54 guys (mostly from the eastern half of the country) that had the gumption to get out & race. Not bad.

guitar builder and FLAT like this.
  5. Chad Voges

Chad Voges Member

Let's be fair, Brian. Last year all 3 races were not on the same weekend. Also, at least 30 parking spots were reserved as of last weekend for Indy, but several racers cancelled due to the wet forecast.

6. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

Indy no doubt wouldve had more cars if weather forecast would've been better.

7. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

I sure as hell didn't see Brian Bob Landies on the qualifying sheit.
    Clark Smiley

FLAT and guitar builder like this.
  8. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Clark:
    I think you spelled it rite and I do wish something else would STFU......

9. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    I know the Coon Ass won but you can't deny that Kevin Self made the run of the year as far as I'm concerned.... That yellow car be flying........

guitar builder, Clint Neff and FLAT like this.
  10. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Exactly! I am amazed that Brian constantly points out the negative instead of trying to see the positive. At least cars are out and they had 2 races on the same weekend with serious doubts of finishing due to the weather forecast.

Brian - Did you vote for Obama also? You remind me of the media who only reports on the negative aspects of life. Why don't you get a car out and race and then a majority of us would listen to you?

11. cervelli7

cervelli7 Member

Just so you know Clark Brian and Ian both pit for me. That is why they are not on the qualifying list.

12. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

That may be true but the saddest part is what he says about He nor Ian will race comp with the current rules. Will if thats the case what drags them out to be such a part of it even at just a crew member if its so badly represented? If im so hell bent to the state of something being so poor im definitely not going to go participate in any form......guess thats just me!

Also my dad taught me long ago that ya dont shit where ya eat! Just sayin!

13. Michael Compton

I race a Super Stock car in SS/BS and work on the car my dad drives in E/SM. Unfortunately, due to owning my own accounting firm, I cannot take time off to run in the early races. So, that is why it take us until May to get out and about. If you attended races or paid any attention to qualifying lists, you would have seen the name Michael Compton on those lists. So, it doesn't take someone very sharp to notice we do race.

14. Michael Compton

You are correct. Those same guys keep winning and I firmly believe it has as much to do with seat time and attending races, as it does the current state of the rules. The guys you listed can drive race cars..period. So, unless you put some massive restriction on those guys, they will keep winning. But, those guys make mistakes. And if you do not attend races, you have no chance of winning.

15. Michael Compton

Exactly!

16. Michael Compton

You are correct. They will still win because they are good at what they do.

I believe you and I both agree that more participation is what is needed. Getting to that point is the hard part.

17. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

Michael Compton is one of the nicest racers I've ever met. He is a great guy. Coming on here and talking shit about him is stupid. Michael races all the time. To say he isn't a racer is stupid too. I don't think you would be saying all that shit in Clarks or Raymond's pit area.......

18. 377 D/A

377 D/A Member

Hey dueces you must not know but i 100% guarantee he would say anything he has said on here to anyones face. Check yourself

19. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Ahh hell he won't say shit while sitting in a car with a helmet on. Check that out!! Unless Ian is shaking the car saying vroom vroom!!
    Clark Smiley

20. 377 D/A

377 D/A Member

Hey dueces you must not know Brian but i 100% guarantee he would say anything he has said on here to anyone's face.

I can't believe what I am reading on this forum. I am so ashamed of you Comp! I have been a part of Comp for over 20 years. We are a family! The Comp I grew up in and came to love would never personally attack or threaten someone. Of course we had our differing opinions but we would air those opinions then move on.

And for you Mr. Clint Neff, my dad taught me you catch more bees with honey. So how about we try to be nice to someone who has a different opinion?

Beth Landies, wife to Ian Jr, daughter to Larry Pritchett, mother to Joe and friend to hundreds in the racing world