DIV 4 ENNIS

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by hickeybros, May 1, 2017.

1. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Thanks Ed! I appreciate the kind words.

guitar builder likes this.
  2. Michael Compton

I never once said you needed to shut up. I specifically pointed out that without competing and showing the NHRA that you want Comp to survive, how is anyone going to listen to you? Why should they sit here and listen to you point out the negatives in every situation? My dad was at Indy the year Modified was done away with and I know he never wants to see that happen again. The only way to get Comp to survive is to get cars out.

The rules are the rules and until a change is made, you have to abide by those rules. I am sure you have a job that you may not like all the rules but you show up and do your job. This is absolutely no different. I believe you or your brother Ian played football in college. Did the coaches have rules you hated? I am sure that was the case as I played football in college also. But, I showed up to practice every day for 4 years and did what I was recruited to do.

Finally, in response to Mrs. Landies (Ian Jr.'s wife), this is the same Comp you love. Only difference is, you now have social media and websites such as this where people can say what they want for all to see. Before, people showed up, raced, joked with their buddies and went home. Now, when they get home they can get on here and argue about the demise of Comp. Clark can say stuff to get people fired up and then go away for a few days (he actually makes me laugh). Main point is, we ALL want what is best for Comp. Every single one of us..including Brian and Ian Jr. Mr. and Mrs. Pritchett are some of the kindest people I have ever met at the races. Parked next to them at St. Louis several years ago. People like them are still in Comp.

Now back to Dallas. There would have been at minimum 3 addt'l comp cars had the forecast been better. I know that for sure. So, the numbers would have been higher than prior years with a better weather forecast.

3. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

At least we don't bitch as much as the guys on Class Racer. :)

guitar builder and bseibenick like this.
  4. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Oh I ain't gone anywhere!!!! Well I have gone to a few races!!!
    Clark Smiley

5. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Yeah Brian Bob is gonna go sit in his "racecar" in his garage and make motor noises.
    Clark Smiley

6. Michael Compton

Sensitive much? I was busting your chops. Evidently you missed the humor. And nowhere in the statement did I say shut up. I believe that was Mr. Martin who said that.

I am not drinking any cool aide. I am specifically stating facts of what a racer has in front of him. You either deal with it or move on. And evidently, your family moved on. Which is fine and no one is saying you were wrong to do so. Only stating, why should anyone listen to you when you are not out racing? Why should NHRA change the existing rules in place to get you out racing? I am not being argumentative or being a jerk just asking the obvious question.

And before you respond and say the PI change has not helped Comp, I can say you are correct on that point. Add to the fact, Comp is not at every national event which I believe is hurting turnout also. And no qualifying money, no tech at national events, etc. I could go on and on.

guitar builder and Clint Neff like this.
  7. boostedf22c

I think Comp should allow rotary cars. :)

I also think that if you parked your car and aren't racing because of a rule change, you don't really want to race.

Clint Neff and guitar builder like this.
  8. bseibenick

bseibenick Member

...I'm just trying to get mine put back together after attempting to run Indy...

Back out to the garage...

9. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

samurai warrior.jpg
    Here's one for you Rotary samurai warrior.jpg

FLAT and guitar builder like this.
  10. arthodges706

arthodges706 Member

I don't know about the majority

11. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

Amen to that!!

12. projack

projack Member

All I know, based off of St. Louis National numbers, which is the last race we were at.....the fact that Frank can get into his B/DA car and is -.60, and I can get into his exact same B/DA car, and I'm -.70, or Brian is -.70, or anyone is -.70....My head cannot wrap around this stupidity or the logic of it all. IT DOES NOT BRING OUT NEW CARS, IT ONLY BRINGS OUT NEW DRIVERS FOR AN EXISTING CAR. And if anyone has seen Frank's car go down the track, you don't just throw someone in his car....so what is it going to force us to do.....we park or sell a competitive car and move on from comp and go 10.5 or Radial racing....which by the way, is a growing class.

#32 projack, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  13. boostedf22c

Who knows what'll bring out new cars? All I know is if old cars stop racing that doesn't help!!

FLAT, guitar builder and Clint Neff like this.