Divisional 2-2; where are the D2 cars?

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Troy Galbraith, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Troy Galbraith

Troy Galbraith New Member

No Van Puckett or Steve Ambrose at the divisional this weekend and neither currently entered for the Gators? These guys are long time regulars of these events... correct?

Wasn't the Gainesville divisional the week before the Natl Event last year also? In a division where the SRAC rep was pro PI system (he told me so at the Reynolds Divisional October 2015) because the racers in that division wanted the PI system how could there only be 17 entries this year with just 8 of them being D2 racers (give or take 1-2 since a few D3 guys are claiming D2 this year); down from 22 entries last year with 13 of them being from D2.

The "majority" of the D2 racers got the rule package they told their rep they wanted... so where were they?

7 Division 2 cars at the Gators last year and just 7 entered so far this year... how can that be? Has Mr Sharpe provided anyone any explanation for how he missed the mark advising the NHRA as to what the racers in that area wanted? Other SRAC reps? Can anyone elaborate? I'm sure your asking one another these questions already. Please do tell....

Troy Galbraith
    317-258-5641

ken reich likes this.
  2. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Troy,
    As you know id be happy to answer any questions. Please explain exactly what you are asking, I want to make sure I understand it correctly. Is it that you feel something was miss represented by an SRAC rep?

3. Frank Aragona Jr.

I hope you are just as verbal if the car count at races are higher than last years same event.

4. Troy Galbraith

Frank I assure you I will...

For clarification on my original post... I am not questioning Mr Sharp or any other SRAC's representation of what the racers in their division told them they wanted. I'm just questioning where they are. I can only guess that right now with almost 1/3 of the D2 season in the books and less D2 racers entering their own "in division" races then last year that Mr Sharp might not very happy with those who said they "would"... especially IF racers that raced these same events last year, got hit big (going really no faster then they did the year before), because they were ***racing***, are now not showing up.

So my question is simply this... the racers who told Mr Sharp they would start racing comp or would race more comp if there was a PI system in place... where are they?

Troy Galbraith
    317-285-5641

5. Comp 307

Comp 307 Member

I'm here Troy, where are you? Just to clarify, I've only raced this divisional race once before and never competed in the Gators. What's the point?

6. Troy Galbraith

Chuck, I'm simply asking the question why the lack of D2 cars at D2 races when they got the package the "majority" wanted? That is about as clear as I can get it.

I think its cool when folks from the North get to head South and race... unfortunately we cant... but the plan is to run 10-14 races just like the last 3 years.

Troy Galbraith

7. Frank Aragona Jr.

I cannot speak for Lee but I will speak to him about it. This is exactly what we are trying to do, open up communication more and more to get those guys with cars to the track. All the help is appreciated so if you know any of the D2 guys give them a call.
    D2 has always struggled with in division car counts even in years past.

8. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I would like to think that the lower car count is due to teams not being ready to race yet, or possibly it could be an economic reason... it's hard for some to maintain a business, or employment situation, when you have to use 5 to 6 days to attend a National Event, and sometimes 4 to 5 days to attend a Divisional... it's not that it can't be done by some, but like Tony says, he's planning on attending 10 to 14 races this year.. tha's a bunch of time off if you're a working stiff... and not much vacation time with the family..

NOW!!... another reason just might bring the PI system into play.. not sure if I'm correct, but don't the penalties from last season carry to this season??.. so, if you were unfortunate enough to take some big hits last year, you might still be trying to get that back through performance updates, or class changes.. again, time and money come into play, as people might just not be ready..

In the last couple of years, the car counts have been dropping, but some Divisions have been like that for quite some time now.. NHRA folks, who we all know I don't really like, attempted to help by dishing out a .10 index give back... I thought it would help get some cars out of the barn.. apparently it didn't, because if you were .15 behind the hitters in your class, you're still .15 behind.. then the PI system was put into play, and I thought that this would surely bring guys back to the track.. the hitters in their respective classes would take PI CIC hits, and make the slower car more competitive.. I saw this working well in many cases, and some fast cars going down at races as a result, which would make you think the slower guys just might start to come out.. just isn't happening YET.. possibly a schedule change to where Comp would run on a Divisional schedule at a National Event.. run one on Friday, two on Saturday, first round Saturday afternoon, or evening.. might just free up some work days... just might help..

All of this brings me, and probably others, back to the only other reasons that teams aren't coming out like they used to.. age, and economics.. look around the pits at your next race.. this is not a young person sport, and hasn't been for a few years.. unfortunately, some teams are in the barn, because we're getting older, and more tired.. and some just don't have the funds to travel anymore.. it is a shame, but in some cases, a reality.. except for Clark, he's well preserved... LOL!!!

I applaud those who travel out of Division to attend races, and support their respective classes, but it is hard to do for some.. I foresee National Events where only the cars from that Division will attend, basically because of time and cost.. I know that's happening with me this year, and I'm sure that I'm not alone..

And Tony, please don't be upset with our SRAC guys.. we all know that they do work hard, and in our best interests, but, at the end of the day, they are dealing with that higher power, the NHRA.. if we could only get some real racers into that upper echelon, instead of profilers, something may give...

AND to all you Rotten Ol' Bastids.. take your vitamins, and get to work.. and if you need a hand at a race where I am, or even at your barn, please reach out... even you Clark.. LOL!!!... IMAGINE THAT!!!

9. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Hey shithead I am 35 years old. I still get stiff every morning. And several times throughout the day.
    And I wouldn't let you rotate my tires or change my muffler bearings.
    Clark Smiley

FLAT likes this.
  10. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    I believe someone needs a Snickers...... (although this is some funny shit)

11. arthodges706

arthodges706 Member

Raymond, is it just the two of us that get this humor

Clint Neff likes this.
  12. Charlie Yannetti

Shithead??... you're the one with your head up your ass... and I'm not sure that I'd be bragging about touching myself all day long either.. but then, you are a 35 year old punk named Clark... guess you have to touch yourself.. and you got offended by being referred to as older than your years??... BOY, are you touchy... OH!!.. we already established that...

And you'd be smart not to let me touch your stuff, cause then you'd have to admit to your friends who made you faster, Ass Clown... BUT, you couldn't afford me anyway...

And no Art, I'm laughing too... IMAGINE THAT!!

13. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Oh I can afford a box of donuts!!!! Glazed and chocolate. And a roll of paper towels to soak up the drool. And ahh man don't be sad the make pills for guys like you. all I have to do is look at my COMP car. It gets me there!!!
    Clark Smiley
    And I am always laughing. Mainly cause you have a picture with every post you make!!!

14. fred ferrante

fred ferrante New Member

We would have loved to be at this race, but between prior commitments with a top running NMCA car, my work schedule, and the fact that we still have not finished fixing our car from Orlandos race, did not attend. While I love the D2 schedule, it is also very tough for us at least to run all of the races due to either scheduled over other events, scheduled too close together, or parts attrition with not enough time for the averae working guy to afford to fix between races.

15. Charlie Yannetti

Glad to hear that you're sufficiently satiated by donuts, Clark.. and your paper towels keep you from leaving a mess on the garage floor... and I'm sure that looking at your COMP car gets you off, cause you probably don't have any other outlets available, other than Mary Fist, and her 5 sisters... and it's probably invigorating to watch other people working on your stuff to get you off.. AND OH!!!, the pills they make for me are actually to prevent me from doing bad things in stressful situations, sound familiar??.. not like the blue ones that you take before looking at your COMP car, and unrolling s few paper towels to clean up the mess... and keep looking at that picture, and realize that I'm the prettiest guy on here.. even prettier than that Bruno guy... get used to it!!.. LMAO!!!..

Still bringing a knife to a gun fight, Son??... get a good from Wynn Richardson...