Dixon Suspension

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Steve Polhill, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Active Member

Alright no one else has posted it. so I guess I'm willing to stir the pot. My Honest opinion is NHRA has gotten a little power drunk when they suspend indefinitely a 3 time world Champion over an expired sticker. Essentially that's what it boils down to. The car was Modified by a well respected chassis builder, is an exhibition vehicle now, and has never run at an NHRA Sanctioned event. They could and should have asked him to remove the sticker that way no one would assume it was an accepted chassis. It's not like he was using a forged sticker it was just outdated. A slap on the wrist should have been enough.

NHRA I hate to tell you this but you are not the keepers of all that is Drag Racing, Stop acting like it.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...nhra-suspension-crushed-first-now-embarrassed

#1 Steve Polhill, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Camco5491 likes this.
  2. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Active Member

Crickets LOL

3. jeremyyouker

jeremyyouker Member

"Anything that got done with this car, I took Peter Clifford and told him what I wanted to do about this and all that, and he absolutely loved it," Dixon explained. "He wanted to see this thing come to life and he wanted me to get with [NHRA VP of Operations] Graham [Light] to get it approved. Now why he couldn’t do it and left it to me, I have no idea.".....says it all

4. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I'll say, cause no one else will.. this is a personal attack on Larry Dixon, and anything that Larry Dixon does.. ever since he attempted to fly the IHRA colors at the Gators a while back.. it is NOTHING more than that... an expired sticker my ass..

All of a sudden, NHRA wants to make a big deal out of rules, when their destruction of NHRA Tech Dept has made a mockery of their rules...

They have the ability to check the "CHEATER GRIDS", but do nothing about them in the Super classes.. they check, but will not reveal what they may have found.. and no one gets suspended.. 4 or 5 .90's in a row??.. really??.. remember the Matty-Box??

And don't get me started on what engine builders can do with metal stamps.. PAHLEEEEEESE!!!

BUT!!!.. let's lower the sledge hammer on Larry Dixon for attempting to bring people to the track.. YEAH!!.. that works, Ass Clowns...

Now Steve.. wanna stir the pot??.. we'll just lube the Rumor Mill, and get 'er spinnin'..