Drag racing in 2019

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by rognelson777, Jan 18, 2019.

1. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

Has drag racing engine development costs ruined the sport? I just read a article about Erica Enders and Elite will be powering 6 Prostocks in 2019. And KB powering 4 cars, I believe. Has prostock become a sealed engine class? I see similar engine programs in Promod with Proline, and Musi supplying half the field.

What do you think?

2. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

It all comes down to Money....as development accelerates , the cost increases . Pro Stock Pro Mod ......Comp for that matter , is part of the same problem . To be competitive it cost so much , if a team cannot come up with the funds , it will ultimately decide whether you want to race to qualify or race to win .

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

KB and Elite are some pretty smart people.. and I would say that half of their motors are being used for experimental purposes.. try your R&D ideas in the not so famous cars, and if it works, then add it to the top runners.. but this is nothing new.. even happens in Comp from time to time.. one customer gets the good power, and the others are off just a tad.. AND YES, it's all dollars and cents.. sometimes SENSE..

Adger Smith and toyotaturbo like this.