Electric Shocks

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Adger Smith, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Adger Smith

Adger Smith Member

What are the Pro's and Cons of Koni electric Shocks?
    The used shocks I've found come with the Koni control box.
    If they need rebuild or attention who does the repairs?
    Is the Koni control box reliable?
    Thanks,
    Adger

2. RamAirV

RamAirV Member

Adger,
    The Koni Electric shocks work very well and there are 3 different boxes; a 2 knob, 3 knob and an electronic box that was made by MSD.
    The best guy to rebuild the shocks is Chris Bell.
    He can be reached at:
    Kinetic Engineering
    314-616-6511
    314-996-9102
    cbell571@gmail.com
    kineticshocks@gmail.com

3. BenHolt

BenHolt Member

The Koni electrics are a great shock. And I agree with the recommendation for Chris @ Kinetic. They ONLY drawback is that if they are in need of repair, Koni doesn't make the parts for them anymore, so they are very expensive to fix. I had an issue with a customer's pair (actually just one was bad) and it was cheaper for me to get a set of Penske's (albeit they were used 8300's...so they were a little cheaper than new...but work perfect....) from Chris for less than I would have in fixing the ONE. So just make sure you have them checked out first. If they are good I would find the newest Koni/MSD digital control box and let em eat!

4. Terry Spargo

Terry Spargo Member

Chris Bell services my struts and shocks and Ben is accurate as replacement parts for the Koni's are scarce. I too liked the Koni's with the Ness sweeps with sub .990 sec. 60's but changed to new Penskes as Chris couldn't repair the Koni's this time last year. I didn't get out in 2017 as my crew members were battling the dreaded C but will try this year.

5. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

quickest car we have ever run in sm had elect konis with timers.never touched them,was extremely consistant