Help with new carb and pump

Discussion in 'Tech Questions' started by spitzerscott, Dec 18, 2016.

1. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

Changing over to a Quick Fuel 850 Alky carb and a Quick Fuel 175 GPH pump. Any of you guys have experience with these products and be willing to help me get started on the right foot? Thanks. Scott

2. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

Well, that went well. I have a 336ci SBChevy , 13-1cr, big cam, alum. heads, all good stuff. Any ideas on where to start on jet sizes with a 850 carb on alcohol?

3. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

So how much oil pressure do you guys run in your rear tires? Thanks

4. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

Oh, did I say rear? I meant front. Thanks again.

5. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Scott , I think quick fuel would be your best bet for help. With out knowing how they set it up it would just be a wag. Good luck. Dennis smiley

6. SmileyRacing

BTW ,being sarcastic on here will get you Nowhere ! Dennis

7. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

Dennis,I called Quick Fuel when noboby replied, I can't understand how guys don't want to help one another on here, I guess I'm not in the good-ole boy's club. I didn't think anyone was listening.

8. mike wharram

mike wharram New Member

Don't take it personally ! There aren't too many of them that will help you out ! Just like any class there are nice guys that genuinely want to help you but most of them don't especially when you have to race them ! Granted most comp guys probably wouldn't know about alcohol carbs anyway

9. SmileyRacing

Don't understand why Quick Fuel would not want to help. If some one gave you jet #s and it melted your pistons they would feel bad. Best bet would be jet it what would be real rich & put it on dyno. What you spend there would prob be a good investment ! It would get you to the track with a good tune up. Good luck ! Dennis.

10. Monty

Monty New Member

Scott, I'm not an alcohol guy but if you don't mind a suggestion my thought would be an engine shop with a dyno and experience tuning alky engines. I have a friend that has a shop and I finally let him talk me into the dyno. I can tell you that it takes all the guess work out of the tune and puts some fun back into racing.
    Perhaps you're already aware of this but I just wanted to throw it out there.
    Good Luck

11. spitzerscott

spitzerscott New Member

I did not mean that Quick-Fuel did not help, they gave me an answer to every question. Looking forward to starting it up. Thanks guys.

12. jmarkaudio

jmarkaudio New Member