Here we go!

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Baltered5266, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Baltered5266

Baltered5266 Member

Comp is in the lanes for first hit of 2006......Whos going to be low qual? I'm going with either Deceglie or Lambeck. Anyone else???????

2. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

We need Bob Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It,s hard to tell who was fast,could NOT keep up with the announcer......................can NHRA PLEASE tell us why we lost UNK , Unk knows ALL of the drivers and knows something about us.Len,talk to your bosses and see what you can do.............................................

3. Greenlight

Greenlight Member

I thought cars would have gone a little quicker. The air was decent. It looks like only one or two cars were sandbagging just a little.

We'll see what happens next round.

4. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

did they have the right class for Barcelon-if he was in F/A (8.74 index) index of B/A (7.74 index), I calculated him to be the number two qualifier-same time as hedlund, but hedlund went down the track first.

5. Bob Unkefer

Bob Unkefer New Member

1st race of the year

It will take a little longer than usual to get everything posted today & tomorrow. Checking class entry/car/driver takes a while to accomplish, and everyone starts with a "fresh & clean" data base.
    Rebuilding, correcting, changing that data base HAS to be done manually in race control, then the FASTNEWS guys double check it as well,,,,,

THEN we get the postings.

Those of you that have never experienced what has to be done have **NO** idea of how much work goes on behind the scenes to get this info to us.

Deb in race control, Rick, Larry and all from FASTNEWS do a heck of a job!

Unk

6. Dave Ring

Dave Ring Member

Unk,

I wasn't being critical-I was being curious. I know that they had some stockers in the wrong class earlier in the day (ex-Bill Howell was in D/FS last year but he is in C/FS this year and that is why his time came up as around 1.5 under when he made his run-that was corrrected when the qualifying order was posted on Drag Race Central). And I suppose racers don't help much the way we keep changing classes.

BTW-I was right about Barcelon's class but wrong about the index. F/A is an 8.73 (this is an edit that I've added while listening to 2nd round qualifying.

And thanks to Leo (the announcer) for giving us the thrid digit. I sent Alan Reinhart a message via Nitromater that there was a geeky prof with an open spreadsheet doing qualifying times and wanting to know what the third digit is-Alan passed the message on to Leo and he's now letting us know what the third digit is.

#6 Dave Ring, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  7. Baltered5266

Baltered5266 Member

Ficco with a booming -.655 run 2nd round. Deceglie not to far behind at -.63......First rd saturday morning should be interesting.