I guess this is wear I get pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by arthodges706, Mar 25, 2019.

1. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Not one of you wining son of a bitch's who complain about no money in comp showed up in Houston. After Rodger Brogdon reached into his OWN pocket to try and help our class you "men" don't back him up. I commend every comp car that did go and awesome job by all. I wish all of you the best.
    SAD but I guess gotta consider the sources.

FLAT likes this.
  2. Joey arrowsmith

Joey arrowsmith New Member

Where were you at?!?!

boostedf22c likes this.
  3. arthodges706

I would be there in a heart beat but have done blowed up 4 engines in 4 races

4. arthodges706

Done blowed up 4 engines in 4 races, i would of been there in a heart beat

5. Joey arrowsmith

Joey arrowsmith New Member

Exactly my point art.... every comp racer is grateful for what Rodger has done but, not every one of has the means or money to make every single d4 race. We all have family’s, jobs, certain amount of vacation days that we have to plan out our whole year of racing. Logistics and money are huge factors when deciding on what races to attend. This was the first race so just wait a bit before you jump to conclusions on people not showing up just because there is a awesome payout. My dad and I will be down from Minnesota next weekend for the double header in Ennis and I suspect about 35 others as well!! we maybe could have made that Houston race but our one and only motor was still being rebuilt

dragracer57 likes this.
  6. 71mavlouisville

71mavlouisville New Member

The double divisional next weekend at Dallas should set the bar for participation and competition. I would venture to guess that Div 7 will choose to tow East for the opportunity vs the Las Vegas National. Div 3 and Div 5 will likely be well represented also. With basically 21 Div 4 cars in Houston, wouldn't take much to get to 32 for a full field, 50k total on the line for one weekend, WTF, no brainer, get your S?!( together, loaded up and headed to Dallas, I'll be there. I drove 936 miles one way to make it to Tucson. That distance from Dallas is most of the country. Hope to see you all!

Ashton Hudson 4373

dragracer57 and Brian Browell like this.
  7. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

DALLAS??.. did someone say Dallas??.. the Rumor Mill has spit out a tidbit saying that Hey Yo Vinny may make an appearance to pilot Da Roadsta..

It would be great to see full Comp fields again, not just for the Brogdon money, but for the support of the class..

I do have to find a lot of truth in Joey's words also.. it isn't what it used to be.. Comp is a very hard class to get into these days, and actually stay in.. families, finances, available time, and people to help, along with their time and families, play a huge part these days.. my hat is off to those who can actually continue to do it..

NOW, with that being said, did I notice that Art Hodges pee is actually steamin'??.. don't think I wanna be too close when his pee is steamin'... HUH BOY!!

AND!!.. howzabout that Clark Smiley surprising that crap out of me.. first I learn about his RED connection, and then he runs that bad ass hot rod right down the boulevard.. HAT TIP to Smiley Racing... IMPRESSIVE performance.. yeah, Clark, I just said that...

8. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Art, you should have been there to watch Raymond put that 4 cyl. back together.
    At 7 Saturday night he had a bare block, four pistons, four rods and a head on a table in the pits. He might have lost first round but he is what makes comp COMP

Congrats to Keith Mawhee and team for a job well done.

FLAT and deuces wild like this.
  9. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

and to top that had the balls to run -61 while we chased his old ass ,great job Raymond
    not too many could handle all you did in that time frame.see yall in dallas,thanx to again for stepping up Rodger Brogdon.

FLAT likes this.
  10. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Raymond

11. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

When I told Raymond good job on fixing his engine , he said if it was easy the kids would be doing it. Way to go !!!

FLAT, bseibenick and Brian Browell like this.
  12. arthodges706

Thanks Greg for that. That is what comp is all about. We all know that Raymond is the man “OLD” but is the man
    Congrats to to all. I wish you all luck coming up, I will b watching. Even wishing you luck Clark, shitty draw in the first round

13. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

If you aren’t on the list you can’t bitch.

889C4DAF-8C5E-4E1C-87D1-9CF127153B82.jpeg

14. arthodges706

Thank you boosted for chiming in. You are a prime example of what I what I am talking about. Nothing but complaining but no action. There is no doubt comp has issues but there is no one or no other class with the heart and determination that comp has. Ninety-Nine percent of the people are awesome (sorry Charlie).
    If you are racing for the money you best get out now, just very fortunate for guys like Rodger. If you are looking for a pat on the back ain’t happening. Maybe you should work on ur match racing with a Pro Stock car.
    If you are ever at a comp race that I’m at come on over, more than willing to continue this conversation

mike wharram and Joey arrowsmith like this.
  15. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

I’m not complaining. You are.

Brian Landies likes this.
  16. arthodges706

That was a tough observation. You are right

17. cervelli7

cervelli7 Member

Don't be pissed at the racers Art. Be pissed at your motor builder and pissed that he couldn't have at least one fixed for you.

18. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Art -

I can see your frustration. Problem for us is that I am in the middle of tax season, we are finishing up my new Comp car (new to me), dad is without a motor for his Comp car and our new trailer is not done yet. Everything hit at a bad time for us this year. Our plan is to be at Tulsa but you never know.

Michael

19. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

"Sorry Charlie".. turned this into a tuna commercial, huh Art??... very nice..

20. terry smith

terry smith New Member

Would love to be able to go to Texas and race, But we are covered up in the shop and working 7 days trying to get caught up. Thank you Rodger for supporting the class, it is very appreciated. Good luck to all that travels there to race. Make Comp great again. Rodger Brogdon for president 2020 lol.