Induction ??

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by fred ferrante, Mar 19, 2017.

1. fred ferrante

fred ferrante New Member

I am working to finish up some updating on my new ride that I am planning to run in E/AA this year and am down n power a little from where I would like to be ( tends to be the case always), but really I have just about enough to run right at or just over index. Current setup is a single dominator, and wondering if a good custom sheet metal intake and dual carbs would not help put me at least closer.

Current combo is a SBC with 15 degree heads, we have most of the right pieces otherwise, as this was a former competitive comp engine when it was in a dragster several years ago. But now not being limited to a single carb, is it worth the investment to have an intake built, and custom cam ground? Or should I simply look at updating the entire setup and build with a set of SB2.2 heads?

I am planning to run at least two or three divisional races this season just to get the points and learn more about the car, and class.

guitar builder likes this.
  2. Keith Rittenberry

Keith Rittenberry New Member

Fred,

Ralph Van Paepeghem asked me to tell you to call him at his home at 208-462-2429. He wants to help you out.

Keith Rittenberry

3. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Fred,
    Give me a call tomorrow and ill see if I can help you out. 917 -295-2804

4. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Fred,

Since you are going to be running E/AA, and you're already thinking about the dual carb set up, go in that direction because it will definitely help.. depending on your budget, you may even want to look into fuel injection.. it is allowed in the altered classes, and there are several great guys using it with success... it is the way of the future in my opinion..

I don't know if you're doing your own stuff, or have an engine builder, but there are people out there, like Ralph and Frank, that will put you in the right direction.. there's also David Cook at DC Carbs that could be a tremendous help...

Clint Neff likes this.
  5. fred ferrante

fred ferrante New Member

Frank, it was a pleasure to talk to you and thank you for the information. I am looking forward to getting back out there and seeing what we have with this setup.

6. fred ferrante

fred ferrante New Member

Charlie, have already been looking at the fuel injection route, but the push right now is just to get this car finished and back on track. I will more than likely start off with what I have, and make changes once we know what we need. I am hopeful to be on index or just under with our current power.

7. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

Welcome to Comp!! We're excited to have you join our ranks. I agree that the best thing you could do is just don't break the bank right now - do what's necessary to get out and get your feet wet. Many in the class will be happy to help you along the journey but no replacement for making laps...