INDY!!! Biting off more than u can chew

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by hickeybros, Sep 2, 2019.

1. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

INDY? how can an organization of this (usetobe)caliber be so sad handling an event of this size. You all were fully aware of the amount of entries,you put anything from skate boards to nostalgic used to be s along with parades n celebrity FOR WHAT? to leave the hard working, week off of work SPORTMANS CAN SIT FOR THREE DAYS N NOTHING MOVED. who ever tried to run this race did a piss poor job should have known changes need to be made n decisions adjusted with this many cars knowing weather always plays a factor in OUT DOOR SPORTS. you run earlier n you run later but everyone has to keep the fire going. You cancel the unneeded TIME TRIALS.no one running at this event needs FIVE PASSES!!!!! No one.again piss poor decision making.nhra could at the very least show some respect for all these hard ass working class sportsman no matter. What ever it takes,we for sure aren’t asking a lot. Please wake the F up Nhra n grab the wheel before have no more sportsman to play puppet with while your tv scheduel continues flawlessly.

Ps been supportimg over 55 years along with many more

#1 hickeybros, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

I knew things were headed downhill when NHRA let us sit in the field for two days, knowing that rain was on the way for Monday night and Tuesday.. with that knowledge, one would think that they would have started parking on Sunday afternoon, since there were already 160 rigs in the field.. but NOOOOOOOO.. I was told that NHRA did not want to pay parking personnel until Tuesday.. RESULT??.. the start of the race was delayed.. OF COURSE!!.. it was only the Sportsmen who were delayed...

AND THEN, as stated, NHRA had to present every possible distraction BEFORE even getting Comp Rnd 1 to the lanes, only to send them back to the trailers so the fans could watch TF Harley, and then Warren Johnson crashing a street car.. did anyone think The Professor is retired for a reason??..

This wasn't my first Indy, but I've seen enough to make it my last..

PS: now that Pro Mod has officially been made an NHRA class, do the Sportsmen foot the bills for them too??.. asking for a friend..

BCraner likes this.
  3. Comp 307

Comp 307 Active Member

Haters gonna hate...... LOL. The rest of us sold our shit, gave up our membership, license and never looked back. I really miss my racing friends and the competition. I will never miss the lack of integrity or honesty of the “new” NHRA.

4. Adger Smith

Adger Smith Member

Charlie,
    Sounds like they are letting a dime hold up a dollar instead of taking care of customers. I had a chance to go and follow around our favorite tech man, but things blew up and I didn't get the chance to leave home. Kind of glad I didn't with all the delays.

5. Brian Browell

Brian Browell Active Member

All I will say is the guy running the show run sport compact in the ground after 3 years at the helm. Just think this is only his first full year so we have at least two too go.

6. SEAN DODD

SEAN DODD Member

I can except all of the above ,what gets me is 2 days of sportsman racing crammed in to 6 hrs ,after waiting 3 days . (deleted the rest of my rant )

7. hickeybros

hickeybros Active Member

sad to say but THEY DONT GIVE A GOOD SHIT,CANT BE MORE OBVIOUS

8. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA OLD DUDE
    You know what was even worse? The shitty condition of the track. I never made a clean pass down the track on Thursday or Friday. Hell you couldn't even make a burnout without going sideways. How many Comp runs were aborted because of poor track preparation/conditions? This used to be the pearl of dragging racing "Going to INDY". It's heart breaking.......

FLAT likes this.
  9. Steve Polhill

Steve Polhill Well-Known Member

My First pass I spit out a couple of rocker arms about 400 feet, I shut it off, got on the brakes and promptly had the ass end skidding around. To the point where I thought for sure I had oil under the tires. Nope no oil just a shitty greasy track.

As for the parking it's become the new Norm at Indy to not park us until Tuesday. Then panic when the weather doesn't cooperate. Apparently the $280,000 in entry fee's aren't enough to employ someone on Monday to park us. Not only that but I was the second car in line in Comp and the last one out of the circle track because I was surrounded by Alcohol cars that they weren't going to park until Wednesday. If you are going to park us on different days have the brains to separate us when lining us up in the circle track. Parking at Indy is normally a bit crazy, but this year was a complete Cluster F.