INPUT REQUESTED FROM ALL CURRENT, RETURNING & PROSPECTIVE COMP RACERS

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Frank Aragona Jr., Mar 9, 2017.

1. ken reich

ken reich Member

No problem, its very obvious what the majority wants , this should have been addressed last november, lets all move forward!!

2. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

I think the problem may be too many uncommon opinions. I see how people can see different pros and cons that suit ourselves. Its not a bad thing just normal human nature. Its hard!

3. rognelson777

rognelson777 Member

Might want to read will hannas Thread "This is Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outside the box

4. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

I appreciate Will trying to come up with new ideas, but I don't think it would draw new blood. You will still have to have expensive heads and parts and then have to work on your shit. The days of having 10 or more B/EDs at Indy are over. $8,000.00 engines were fast and you ran for more money than now plus qualifying money. If (NHRA) would pay $20,000 to win with another $15,000 in contingencies and also qualifying money, we would not be having this discussion.

Charlie Yannetti likes this.
  5. Frank Aragona Jr.

Another idea that's alone!

6. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

While everyone that has the fix all ideas why dont they work on the rest of the fields! I mean 16 pro cars(not including pro stock bike and pro mod) Alky funny car is 14 strong so maybe will can add that too his dying off classes as well! Hell 22 top sportsman cars and thats the division that the class started in!

[​IMG]
    03/16/2017 - 03/19/2017
    Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals
    Category Quota Entries % Full
    Top Fuel Dragster - 16 -
    Fuel Funny Car - 16 -
    Pro Stock - 16 -
    Pro Stock Motorcycle - 24 -
    Pro Mod 28 29 103.6%
    Top Alcohol Dragster - 18 -
    Top Alcohol Funny Car - 14 -
    Competition Eliminator - 17 -
    Super Stock 65 64 98.5%
    Stock Eliminator 70 65 92.9%
    Super Comp 70 70 100.0%
    Super Gas 70 68 97.1%
    Top Sportsman 36 22 61

I'm sorry but cost over return is no doubt the biggest issue for not just comp but all the other classes that are low car counts. We need to be investing in ourselves and bringing in promoters cause its not gonna come from NHRA. I dont know how thats done but all these new ideas are nothing but ideas until you work from the ground up! period!

7. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

This is what I was trying to say earlier......You hit the nail on the head!

8. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

So, am I understanding your comment correctly, Clint??.. if two K/AA cars meet in the 3rd Rnd, and one driver is down .05 from 1st Rnd, he lives with the .05 PI hit, but not take any permanent as a result of the heads-up round??... sounds vaguely familiar...

9. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

I kind of feel the same way as Bob. Once you're fast, it seems like more of a game than an actual race? I can definitely appreciate the game, but the problem is it's so complicated. I try and explain Comp to people that I feel would enjoy coming and racing with us and they lose interest before even getting into the specifics. Probably because I'm not even confident that I have it figure out yet.

Joe Kohorst, Backyard Bandit and FLAT like this.
  10. Frank Aragona Jr.

I don't think Comp is hard to understand nor have I ever had a problem explaining it to people and once I do they usually enjoy it.

11. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

I raced Comp for 25 years and I can't understand Comp now with all of the PI bullshit...... Maybe I'm the dumbass here. You need an abacus to keep up with this crap now a days.

Backyard Bandit, FLAT and boostedf22c like this.
  12. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Frank is saying that frank is very articulate. Plus he been running this here class a long time! Comp is not a hard concept to explain. Some of the rules are complex but understandable
    Clark Smiley

13. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

Then where are all the new racers you explain Comp too that enjoy it?

I'm a newbie to Comp. I come from .400 pro tree, heads up racing, and I do find it very confusing. As do most that I attempt to explain it too.

Right when I felt like I was starting to understand it, we all got a index handout and a PI system that confused me even more. In my opinion those aren't the things to do to get new blood in Comp.

I'm sure you life long Comp racers think it's simple. But to people wanting to learn and get into Comp it borders along the lines of ridiculous. Lol.

Joe Kohorst and Backyard Bandit like this.
  14. Frank Aragona Jr.

If I was going to call anyone a liar or dumb I would come straight out and say it. I meant exactly what I wrote. I care what everyone has to say, even you or I would be having these conversations.

15. Frank Aragona Jr.

Thank you Clark

16. Frank Aragona Jr.

Carey,
    Again from what myself and the other reps are hearing we should see an increase in participation this year. Then end of year numbers will tell the story.

I am happy to discuss how comp works with anyone, anytime. There are also MANY others that will do the same.

Let's talk about how we can get you racing even more this year. Pleasecontact me or you rep anytime.

boostedf22c likes this.
  17. SmileyRacing

Carey, why we would ever get any index back blows my fucking mind. But I get the concept of it.

18. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

Comp wasn't that hard to understand but the PI system made it a little more difficult to understand.

Now, Stock and Super Stock is way more difficult to understand. Horsepower to weight based on shipping weight? They have way more classes then comp. If you go faster then 1 second under you are up for review, but if you start going 40 under your average goes down and you keep you HP rating. Those rules make my head spin and at the end of the day it is a bracket race.

So based on what it could be I think the comp rules are simple.

#98 Shaun Vincent, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Clint Neff likes this.
  19. rognelson777

rognelson777 Member

I am calling out everyone that discounted Carey's Post as not important. Here is a young man, by Comp Standards, new to racing Comp, that is offering his input on a problem he see's with Comp, and everyone just blow's it off.

Why even ask what we can do to fix Comp if you Ignore or disagree with the comment.

Tim Kish likes this.
  20. SmileyRacing

Roger we commented on it!
    Clark Smiley