Is this good for comp ?

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by cervelli7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Dang! This got off topic quick!

I do agree with all that said laying down is wrong. My dad and I plan to race together in Comp this year and the agreement always was that we would race to the finish line. If you need to win a championship by doing so, it was not a real championship in my book.

Lastly, I will put $100 on Clark in the foot race or drag race.

2. Brandon Huhtala

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

SOOOOOOOOOOO.. what you are trying to say, Raymond, is that in 52 years of racing, you may be considered as a NICE GUY, but you really don't pay attention to Da Book of Knowledge much... just sayin'

4. Charlie Yannetti

WELLLLLLLLL, "MR" Delago.. it's seems that, from reading these posts, you have worked on Comp cars, tuned on Comp cars, maybe even a Crew Chief on Comp cars, but you will find that on this forum, that equates to being a "NON COMP RACER".. JUST LIKE ME!!!... some folks just don't get that you don't have to be a driver to have an opinion, or be involved.. just sayin'...

Keith Rittenberry likes this.
  5. Keith Rittenberry

And don't forget the "first woman to win in a Funny Car" lay down ten years ago this past weekend.

6. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Anyone else sure that Browell wasn't going to lay down in E1 this weekend?

boostedf22c and Brian Browell like this.
  7. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

•Kim,you gotta back off Raymond, he can only take so much. Lol
    Clark:Ok you got me courious, couldn’t find largest penis but did see after sex the female eats him, so you might want to be careful on that story
    •Clark/Landies:You guys gotta get a room
    •Yannetti-Is there anything you don’t comment on. You need a frickin hobby
    •Raymond:you are the man, i know it, we know it, they all know it. No Dick stories
    •Blocker-This is his prerogative, I don’t like it but i respect him and his family because he is straight up and great people. If you are so concerned, come out and kick his ass or his blockers ass. Talk is cheap. He. brings more to the table than 90% of us.
    Ok, killing time in between flights

FLAT likes this.
  8. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Art
    First off. Haven’t you ever been eaten after getting some?
    Second off. Go jump out the plane!!!!
    Clark Smiley

FLAT likes this.
  9. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

He’s a party pooper. :D

Nice job this past weekend Brian!!

Brian Browell likes this.
  10. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Good job Brian.... Thanks for the back up Art. Clark, lay off Art. Charlie, you're a mouthy bitch (but I still love you)......

11. Charlie Yannetti

HEY ART!!!.. first thing that you have to understand is that this IS my hobby... and I would think that a man of your stature would he direct flights, or even private flights.. LOL!!..

AND RAYMOND!!!.. you're right, and thank you.. right back at ya..

12. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

I can see Frank's concerns and agree that overall it's not good for the class. The excuse that we just need cars so we should be grateful for any we get doesn't wash with me. The basics of having a team is great as long as it's for sharing info, more hits at the track etc but when the cars are nothing alike and used to guarantee wins for one isn't the way I'd ever choose to win. This is all IMHO - and nothing more. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to behave - or that my way is right and there's is wrong. Just that it wouldn't work here.....

#72 Bob Book, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  13. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

The other part of this post that scares me is when someone states their personal opinion and get beat up for it. Since most racers are conservatives do we like that treatment in the political world?? Especially when our class is hurting and the opinion is from someone who has basically parked his car due to some of the current rules. I don't always agree with Frank or Brian but I respect them both and am always interested in hearing their take on the current situation. We need to respect differing opinions and not let one that's different from our own dictate our friendships and contacts. I also have a great deal of respect Frank Aragona and his Father. I am entitled to my own opinion and if it's not the same as yours that shouldn't make me your enemy. I have many people in my life that voted for Hilary and I'm ok with that certainly something like this should never create animosity of any kind. Open and honest dialogue is missing in 2018 America and one of the big reasons we're so divided....

14. comp 670

comp 670 Active Member

Well said Bob.

Bob Book likes this.
  15. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Bob:
    I was with you until you mentioned Hillary!!!! That was one evil bitch...... I hope the worm turns and runs up her big fat ass......... (I'm just having a little fun)

Charlie Yannetti and Bob Book like this.
  16. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

I question how anyone can support her also Raymond but I've come to believe it's more that people just hate Trump and would support anyone running against him! I don't get but he seems to be a love or hate guy - nothing in between....

17. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

Aren’t Randy Jones and Tony Mandella teammates? They had a nice race to the finish line first round this weekend.

FLAT likes this.
  18. Bob Book

Bob Book Active Member

Yes they are - that's a new engine from us this year in Mandella's car - owned by Randy....

FLAT likes this.