Jeff Lane wins Woodburn

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by nickh, Sep 16, 2018.

1. nickh

nickh Member

Congrats to you and the Team, well needed.

2. Jeff Lane

Jeff Lane Active Member

Thank you Nick - it's been a wild year to say the least!

#2 Jeff Lane, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  3. Wes Leopold

Wes Leopold New Member

Jeff, Congrats on your win ! Were you down .04 on your personal index prior to this race ?

4. ken reich

ken reich Member

Theres alot of racers asking what went on,and why ! Index was 8.49 from Seattle, maybe Jeff will fill us in on why it was not corrected?

5. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

#58 points race win........pretty impressive to say the least.......

6. Troy Galbraith

Jeff?

ken reich likes this.
  7. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Congrats to the team are not in order until some good explainations on the index situation and the illegal carb on the SS is met.

ken reich likes this.
  8. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

SOOOOO.. it seems that the Rumor Mill is churning again.. it's spitting out stuff like one guy got .04 free on index, and won a race.. AND, that another team, at another race, intentionally manipulated the ladder, with an intentional team car red light to avoid competing against a "hitter", which just might have Championship consequences... and at my latest race appearance, I was asked if I thought this stuff could happen.. my response??.. ABSOLUTELY!!!

It just maybe that NHRA missed on an earlier index hit, and this guy got to race with his index intact from the previous race.. shame on NHRA, but we've said that before.. and they should have made a correction after qualifying.. BUT ALSO, shame on the drivers and crew chiefs of the other teams, who should always know their competitors index, and not stage their car until the correction is made.. we all know, once you stage, it is what it is... I find it hard to believe that no one knew the correct index, and if they did, said nothing.. I believe that Brian Hyerstay made an issue of it, but what about the other teams who got beat by a bad index.. AND, where does good sportsmanship come in..

Some are saying that Jeff Lane should have stepped up.. BUT, how many of you are happy, when playing Monopoly, to draw the card that says "Bank Error In Your Favor"??.. looks like index error in Lane's favor to me, and unfortunately, I have seen this before, and it's usually the person profiting from the error, that is the most silent..

Unfortunately, the only way I see a correction being made in this circumstance, is to re-run the entire race, as NHRA has no way of figuring out who would have won, if the index correction was made post race.. the index correction could change the ladder, and the first round pairings.. AND, Jeff Lane may have won anyway.. BUT, you can't say that either.. TAKE IT OFF THE BOOKS, AND RE-RUN THE RACE.. and we'll also wait to see if pigs fly...

The other rumor about a team car taking an intentional dive, IS NOTHING NEW.. it's just part of the team concept to propel "The Chosen One" to higher levels.. and when you're not "The Chosen One" on a team, you either accept your role, and do your job, OR move on.. a lot of the single car teams don't like this concept, but it is available to all, depending on what's in your wallet.. being a team driver is not always a fun thing, cause there are those times when you know you have the better car, or might be the better driver, but have to yield to "The Chosen One"...

That being said, I believe that NHRA should closely look at any round losses that could be considered intentional.. not that it can easily be proven, cause the excuses are endless.. and what would be considered illegal??.. BUT, an intentional red light to give "The Chosen One" an easier next round, or to avoid racing a tougher competitor??... not the smart way , but effective, I guess..

I hope y'all missed me, cause I'm still here, you rat bastids!!!

9. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

If you’d like an explanation on the carb situation, please go read the post on ClassRacer.

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70998

As for the index thing, NHRA / the tower was having issues with dial-ins and indexes being wrong all weekend, in many classes. We told the tower that our index was wrong and what it was. After that, Ralph staged first – therefore, the index was accepted.

I hope that clears it up.

Cody Lane

Charlie Yannetti likes this.
  10. gkamp

gkamp Member

The rule in comp is not stage and accept. If indexes were posted incorrectly and it is discovered after the run it is supposed to be a re-run. As far I know it has always been that way. I was not there so I don't know all of the circumstances. I know from personal experience if an index is wrong it is a re-run.
    I believe the stage and accept rule was implemented because it was up to you to let the tower know if they read your shoe polish incorrectly.

Greg K

ken reich likes this.
  11. JV Punk

JV Punk Member

Index was wrong the whole event, not just rd1. Nobody knew what class he was in, so it wasn’t caught.

#11 JV Punk, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Nobody knew what class he was in??.. it's on his tech card, and supposed to be legible on his windows.. might have been a tower, or NHRA, screw up, but a screw up just the same.. the FIX, is the question... BUT, I'm still a weeeeeeee bit shocked that not one competitor reported it... OR, being a conspiracy theorist, was it reported, and disregarded??.. not asking for a friend...