Kudos to the Las Vegas Finals

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Shaun Vincent, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

Gotta give credit to where it is due. That was one hell of a race in the finals. Way to show what a comp race is all about. Wish I new how to post the video. If their was more racing like that, Comp isn't going anywhere!

#1 Shaun Vincent, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    toyotaturbo and guitar builder like this.
  2. Tony Mandella

Tony Mandella New Member

Thanks Shaun - was definitely a fun one to be a part of (minus the extra hit to my personal...) Congrats to Ellis and team again!

3. Allen Wilson III

Allen Wilson III New Member

I noticed that - definitely good for the class. NHRA has done a good job with their Comp Eliminator Facebook page this year. Videos and photos from every national event.

guitar builder likes this.
  4. Mark Lefkes

Mark Lefkes Member

There are actually a couple Comp twitter pages @nhracompelim and @compeliminator

guitar builder likes this.
  5. Tony Mandella

Tony Mandella New Member

This was definitely a cool thing to see and be a part of! We all need to share this everyone because this is the kind of action (taken by Fs1 and NHRA and probably more so Lucas) that makes me feel like they actually care and want Comp to thrive again. We need to do our part and share this coverage so that everyone who missed it can see it. Along with having everyone give NHRA positive feedback about the coverage. Obviously, I'm slightly biased in this case but I have said for a long time that the TV coverage would be way more interesting showing more sportsman classes. We could've even had plenty of in between drama from our pit area alone - LOL. First big positive thing I've seen in a long no doubt.

toyotaturbo likes this.
  6. Bman 353

Bman 353 Member

Please let the NHRA know your thoughts on the coverage we were able to give comp from Vegas. We are pushing very hard to make that the norm rather than the exception!

After trying to call the runs for tv, I can tell you Brian's post and idea would go a long way in helping people explain comp. It is extremely difficult to explain when u have an hr, let alone 45sec like on a tv broadcast.

Just because this is the way comp always is/was doesn't mean it isn't a good idea to tweak it by simplifying it at least so people can understand it. I honestly don't even watch it at the races when working, because it's to damn difficult to do the math before the scoreboard goes away to see if it was a good run! I'd rather just wait till later to look on dragracecentral and that is sad...

Also, by chopping .70 off the indexs more of an emphasis will be off of luck and shutoff runs and more towards what this class truly represents innovation and no breakout racing to the stripe. Which by the way looks a whole lot better on tv and to prospective sponsors, fans and other racers.

That's my $.02, regardless I love comp and even though I dont agree with some choices that have been made for the class, I'll be racing in Charlotte. Hope to see some of you on the entry list!

7. Backyard Bandit

I couldn't agree more, Bruno. I've been saying this for years. It's nearly impossible to explain to the casual observer.

8. greg williams

greg williams Member

9. toyotaturbo

toyotaturbo Member

That was one exciting wheels up launch! I thought that with that great light, that you had him! That was a great race!! Sorry it didn't turn out well for you at the stripe.

10. toyotaturbo

toyotaturbo Member

You guys did a great job with your commentary and explanations of how the classes worked. I watched it twice because it was what a lot of us have been wanting to see for such a long time! Good luck in Charlotte!