Lets Vote !!!

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rodger Brogdon, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

closed

#1 Rodger Brogdon, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  2. Joey arrowsmith

To #3 wouldn’t it be easier to just take the tenth back from everyone that was given and run it out? Cause 1 and 3 contradict eachother right now given that mineshaft is -650 so unless that number changes as wel. But I agree as I’ve stated many times before that more races should be ran to the finish line. So I would vote yes on the 1,2,4 but I think 3 could be changed differently

3. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

YES to 1 2 3 &4 And #1 Mineshaft would have to be .55 under.

Kind of like how comp started out!

You did not mention Personal indexes or qualifying ladders.

And I know of 1 I/dragster that would probably be back out if these rules were implemented., maybe 2 1 on east coast and 1 on west coast

Joey arrowsmith likes this.
  4. rognelson777

rognelson777 Active Member

Rodger, if you are going to be putting up funds for division 4, why don't you try these rules there.

5. SEAN DODD

SEAN DODD Member

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 take a nickel off all indexes , keep personal indexes .
    4 yes , will help each driver improve finish line skills {or lack of skills }

6. ralph van paepeghem

ralph van paepeghem New Member

#1 No
    #2 Yes
    #3. Yes
    #4. Yes
    .5 pro tree

7. 71mavlouisville

#1 no - Will not happen, the slower cars will make sure that a race is not mineshaft. Lots of sandbagging when the air is great. The only chance you have of winning with a slow car is the threat of CIC/PI for the faster car.

#2 Yes - no brainer

#3 no - This would give advantage to competitors who can switch classes, even at 2 classes per year, you could stretch that out for 3 years, killing 2 classes per year. Either take x number from all or leave current system in place. May work if you take a tenth from all indexes. Also, during the first year people will really slow down to save index until others begin to kill their indexes. Once you kill your index, you are going to sit at home until others kill their indexes. Not helping overall.

#4 YES!!! this needs to be in place in Comp, SS and Stock

8. Bman 353

Bman 353 Member

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 no
    4 yes

9. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

#1. I believe there needs to be a better system setup to determine a mindshaft race. Not sure exactly the answer to how but conditions change day to day and throughout the day. So there should be a simple way to determine racing conditions for weather changes. I don’t beleive that if it is mindshaft it is a free for all. The current mindshaft system needs redefinment.
    #2yes or no. Doesn’t really matter but what about a bye run. The winner is already chosen???? Maybe they want lane choice.
    #3. Not sure what you mean exactly. Sounds like it would be like giving a tenth of index back. Which is never good.
    #4. That is only cosmetic. But hell yeah. It is the way it should be.
    Clark Smiley

#9 SmileyRacing, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  10. SmileyRacing

To expand on number 4. Several years ago we did it in div 4. Was great. On the first qualifying run at houston the first time we used it me and mister Shane heckle ran together. He was in B/D me in G/SM. We had similar lights and both ran .72-.73 under. Dead heat through the lights. Was awesome. Gave us both a boner. Was so badass I can’t even remember who got there first. I will say I did but he may remember it differently. Clark Smiley

FLAT and deuces wild like this.
  11. PRR

PRR New Member

1- YES 2- YES 3-YES 4-YES

12. greg williams

greg williams Member

Rodger,
    Really appreciate your work on this matter.It would great to get a vote from every car number that raced in Comp last year.I sure don't think that happened over 5 years ago when PERSONAL INDEX got passed. 1-yes 2-yes 3-no 4-yes 5-NO PERSONAL INDEX 6-Take .10 off of all indexes 7-Permanent class hits start at -.61 8-MINESHAFT -based on correction factor,not #17 qualifier 9-MINESHAFT-CIC starts -.56 class hit-66 -

13. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

I agree with Greg except #1 would be no because 8 and 9 would cover that. As far as mineshaft conditions, whose weather station are we using and at what time of day?

14. Joey arrowsmith

We need to take a tenth away.... definitely do not need to give anymore

15. Cody Lane

Cody Lane New Member

#1 - No. This just keeps cars that are fast, faster for longer and in my view doesn't bring in more cars. Car counts are small at the moment, so you will see the idea of the permanent CIC / PI get thrown out at a lot of races, which doesn't help bring new cars into the class and/or adjust the classes that need it.
    At mineshaft races the CIC already gets moved to -.659 before you incur a permanent hit and if you go that fast or faster at those races, a CIC adjustment is needed. There are a lot of safe ways to slow your car/dragster down if you are able to -.70+ under the index.

#2 - No.

#3 - Before I vote, I need more clarification.... does race CIC start at -.41 under and permanent is now -.51 under?
    I agree with Sean Dodd on his idea, as I think the idea of taking .5 off all indexes will help the "fan" understand the class easier.
    I think you if you move the permanent hits to -.51 you will see more shutting off than less, which in turn, doesn't enable the safety factor this rule is intended for. On the flip side, I can see how it helps bring the indexes back to a more even playing field when people whack the crap out of themselves.

#4 - Not 100% sold on this, but would be fun to see in practice so I would vote "Yes" to try for a year.

Cody Lane

#15 Cody Lane, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  16. Richard Preiser

Richard Preiser New Member

#1. Yes
    #2. No
    #3. Yes
    #4. Yes

Also, Why is Qualifying not included in CIC /PI, It is just as important where you qualify as race eliminations to win a race.

17. Terry Spargo

Terry Spargo Member

#1-yes
    #2-yes
    #3-yes
    #4-YES please

18. John Green

John Green New Member

Everyone has their own ideas and I believe Rodger's ideas all have merit but I believe comp should be about keep it simple and fast, so here is my 2 cents worth !!

- Eliminate personal indexes
    - Permanently lower class indexes by .1 - for mineshaft conditions lower it another .1
    - Qualify off of class indexes
    - Keep CIC at .5

Comp needs to be fast not complicated

19. Todd Hall

Todd Hall Member

Yes Yes No Yes

20. SmileyRacing

Thank you John Green. Someone that I can agree with!!! I knew I like you for a reason. Clark Smiley