LOOK - Information Regarding -10 PI Adjustment Idea

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rodger Brogdon, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

closed.

#1 Rodger Brogdon, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Joey arrowsmith likes this.
  2. 71mavlouisville

Great Data. Take a look.

I vote YES!

3. Joey arrowsmith

4. greg williams

greg williams Member

I guess I

5. greg williams

greg williams Member

I thought we were talking about taking a .10 off of all CLASS indexes,not a .10 off of anyone that has PERSONAL INDEX.

6. Clinton Neff

Clinton Neff New Member

Yes cause obviously that would lower class index .10 too.

7. Bman 353

Bman 353 Member

I'm for taking a tenth off of PI and CI.
    Merry Christmas everyone and hope for a better New Year!

-Bruno

Joey arrowsmith likes this.
  8. Clinton Neff

Clinton Neff New Member

Read it cause its all there black and white

9. greg williams

greg williams Member

I don't know if I'm the only one that interpreted it this way.I thought we were talking about taking a .10 off of class indexes,therefore wiping out all of the personal index anyone had incurred. BDA 7.40 minus .10 = 7.30 making it the same as our personal.If you don't wipe the personal index slate clean,I don't think it would be fair.Under the change Example:Justin Hutto would be off of a 7.30 he could go 6.70 and not get any personal.The same 6.70 would have gotten you a minus .10 personal last year. Over the last 5 years the .10 that was given back aligned multiple classes thru permanent class index hits.If we're going to change the rules ,I think we need to start fresh.

10. 71mavlouisville

If you wiped all the PI clean that is giving index back to those who hit it while taking away index from those that saved it, not an equal proposition.

If you want index back, that's a separate issue.

Art's/Rodger's idea to give index back based on participation would be a separate issue to vote on.

Another proposal is to give index back retroactively for the last 2 years participation.

Dropping all classes and PI indexes is equal to now while pushing the theoretical future PI hits much more difficult thereby encouraging more all out to the stripe racing.
    Reviewing the data makes sense.

11. greg williams

greg williams Member

Pretty nice deal for the newcomers and index savers.Don't think very many people will be able to run far enough under to get any personal.

12. Troy Galbraith

My vote is no and if you were anything but clean in a class you actually had any intention of racing in next year you would vote the same. Like the 5 (other than GW) who have already spoken. Anyone who thinks it would be equitable to take .10 away from both the class indexes and current PI's is 1) clean 2) delusional.

Rodger in PS was it tougher to go from 6.600 to 6.500 then it was to go from 6.700 to 6.600? You bet your ass. Under this model those who are fast would always be fast and hell they wouldn't even have to pay attention (probably the point). You would have D6 turnouts across the country inside of one season. IMO.

Hell speaking of PS this looks and sounds a lot like the same.... and boy the little guys are just lining up to have their teeth kicked in each week in that class....

TG

welkerm and bseibenick like this.
  13. Troy Galbraith

Greg why would a newcomer come into class when established guys who use to be able to go .68 under (but might take a little this race and even things up a bit) can now only go .58 under with their head in the clouds and never take any?

When the newbies combo was going to be able to go .58 under and now can go only .48 under all the while looking a someones parachute. Week after week after week after week...

TG

14. Joey arrowsmith

2008-324
    2009-299
    2010-288
    2011-264
    2012-252
    2013-243
    2014-259
    2015-224
    2016-208
    2017-205
    2018-200
    2019-207
    2020-168 (I wouldn’t count this fully due to the year)

Participants in comp for the past 13 years.... not too many newcomers coming in. We’re losing more racers each year to t/s or t/d then we have coming to the class. And in the past few years let’s be honest.... I’d estimate that 25-30 a year are guys racing pro mod or factory stock that use it as a testing day for them and don’t make run on elimination day. Something needs to get shaken up and changed or this class will be done within 10 years

welkerm likes this.
  15. Troy Galbraith

Joey you are 100% correct! Maybe give someone who has never run comp a PI of +5 for their first 2 classes for the first couple years? We need new and old Comp racers!

20 racers on the PI sheet down 4 or more did not buy 1 single tech card in 2020. Given we only had 168 that's a pretty big number of those who did race the class that no longer do. No doubt PI is NOT the only reason those 20 stopped but we sure cant afford to lose people and unfortunately thats what happens to many with "forever" PI hits.

My last post for this off season as I have certainly said more than enough for a guy who doesn't own a comp car :)

TG

#15 Troy Galbraith, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  16. Joey arrowsmith

Damn hired drivers haha!!

17. deuces wild

deuces wild Active Member

2021 will be my first year in comp. I will be running A/SM. I really don’t want to start the season with a 8.35 index.Ive helped Ashton for the past couple seasons and I’ve seen what the D4 racers can do. Many -.70 under players and many more consistent -.60 under runners. I understand it takes a lot of work and trial an error to get the most out of a combo. I would rather not start in a .10 hole from the get go.....My .02......Ed

18. Joey arrowsmith

But everyone else would be down that same -.10 and in reality this would help you a ton. You’d be able to make more runs to the finish line, not worry about P.I. as much and be able to work on your stuff a ton more with more available data and runs.

19. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

No “give backs” ! You run it , you own it ! Forever ! And your class should own it also.

20. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

Dennis Smiley