Lost for words.

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Shane Heckel, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

What a horriable couple of days, as some of you know my best friend Taylor Lastor has lost his entire business, TRE Racing Engines in a horrific shop fire that destroyed his shop.... Our brand new engine was on the dyno when a flywheel disinigrated, and cut the main fuel lines, starting the blaze. Thank god no one was hurt, parts and pieces can be replaced, but people can't. Please keep Taylor ,his famliy and employees in your prayers as well as the loyal customers that lost engines in this horriable fire.

We will rebound and return from this....God has a plan, not sure what it is right now, but we trust him!

2. DE3

DE3 Active Member

Sorry to hear that Shane, I was reading about it elsewhere last night. Glad no one was injured and I hope everything works out OK for all of you.

Shane Heckel likes this.
  3. randy wilson

randy wilson Member

So sorry for all involved Shane. You know I mean that. Tough times don't last, tough people do.

4. guitar builder

guitar builder Active Member

Shane, God has a plan!---Wynne !!!!!!

Shane Heckel likes this.
  5. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

6. arthodges706

arthodges706 Active Member

Shane,Sorry to here your loss. I wish all the best involved. If you can tell me what ur combination is maybe we have something that can get you racing. As you know all of my stuff is centered around C/A but I am sure between what I have and Martino we might be able to come up with something (at no cost to you).
    Just a thought.
    art hodges

7. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

Wow Art, what a jester! You are a true gentleman..... Our combo was a 353" SB2 for B/SM... 343" to 353" is what would work best for us. We will be looking to do something shortly. If you could call me sometime, maybe we could get something going. Hopefully insurance will do it's job. If not we will rebound somehow! On a side note, all of you engine builders with dyno's....After witnessing first hand the devastation of fire, I urge you to have a fire suppression system in your dyno rooms and shops. We emptied 5 fire extingusers and they did NOTHING ....You can not fathom losing everything you have invested in your lifetime going up in flames.....

Shane Heckel
    832-689-0749

8. Tomar2

Tomar2 Member

Wow....so sorry to hear about this. I work in the fire suppression industry and Fire is a horrible living thing. If I can help in any way please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Tom

9. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Art, I want thank you for the your offer also. Believe it or not I was talking to Shane in Houston just hours before you made your offer, and he was telling me why he likes comp so much. THE PEOPLE he was telling me. Well it is the people and people like you. Thank you