Midseason Championship Predictions

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

2. CycloneFE

CycloneFE New Member

My vote is for Craig B.

You all got him stirred up on the head issue and now he is gonna whup up and take names, and I would bet he is totally legal. He works very hard and it shows. He is a very good racer, with a great car.

I would not bet against him anywhere.

Steve Jackson

3. Robert Thoresen D-6 Fan

The season is still very young for Rob Harrison but if he can step up his driving a little bite and win the Seattle divisional next weekend he's got my vote. He's got a bad Hot Rod!!!!

Robert Thoresen
    Division 6 Fan

4. Chris George

Chris George Member

I would love for it to be Craig Bourgeois, not only because of what he had to deal with earlier this year, but because of how he operates and drives. Build it, tune it, spend a LOT less money than the front-running competitors, travel with your hometown friends, drive smart, and kick ass. If you're a fan of old school, that's it, and I love it. He's been a break here or a break there away from being the champion the past couple of years, and he's in a great position to go all the way this year. Plus, I love rooting for hometown racers.

His progression since he debuted the /ND:

2004 - 23rd
    2005 - 11th
    2006 - 6th
    2007 - 4th

5. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

Craig will have to race somewhere other than div 4 to win .Because the next time he runs us he is going to get beat.We have lost to him our last time.:)

6. Chris George

Chris George Member

Here's a little advice: never give the other team locker room material! Either way, I'd like to see Joey win, too. I like rooting for hometown racers, and you guys have a bad hot rod, as well.

7. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

I would not have said we are going to beat him ,if I thought we could.He has a .65 under car in the heat. What can anybody do with car like that ?Pluse he is one of the best drivers in comp.

8. Chris George

Chris George Member

I'm well aware of Craig's performance and his driving ability, but I still think Joey is more than capable of winning one himself and it would be cool to see it happen again.

9. Craig Bourgeois

Hey Will,
    I think that Jim Cowan deserves to be in the pics. Even though He didn't run as well as He would of liked to in Chicago, he is a good driver & has very good Eaton power. When He gets back to the west coast air, his car will really fly again. In my opinion, look for him to finish high.

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

a lot of good cars and deadlines

so you're sitting there and you're thinking of what you're going to do for your next column....so you think, it's about mid season, we'll take a look at the top cars, we'll do 8, look at the points, do some trending, should be an easy column....riiigght.

the research alone for this column took longer than a normal column. i'm like you, i look at all these racers that have good power, they're good drivers, and nobody has really run away with it, so it's open. so i came up with the methodology that the current top 5 in points would be seeded in the top 8, then pick three more. i knew i was going to leave some good cars out, and wish i had time to evaluate more drivers.

then again, the less i evaluate drivers, the less i piss off...lol :D right now i know i only have 8 drivers mad at me...

now i'm going back to worrying about if crimmins is going to get some more aa/am index....i sure want to build one of those...he's got a bad hot rod.

11. stocker7403

stocker7403 New Member

i didnt see Jim Cowans name on the list..? he has one of the fastest cars around still :D

12. jeremyyouker

jeremyyouker Member

simple....ANTHONY BERTOZZI