New Comp Member

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rick Brown, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Rick Brown

Rick Brown Member

Hi all! Thought I would chime in and let everyone know we have a RE-Newed Comp member joining the ranks.
    Dave Dupps recently purchased all of the Chuck Haubiel Cobalt car & equipment and plans to be out early in the local season. The car will be refinished from the familiar Chuck Haubiel & formerly Jegs yellow car to the pearl white that matches his current Super Stock Cobalt that his son David, Jr. will take the reins of. Kim Dupps, Dave's wife, will renew her capable crew chief duties.
    Dave in the 90's was partnered with our dear friend Dave Layer and won several National Events driving the 4 cylinder altered car that Layer wrenched so the Liberty 5 speed is no stranger.
    So sad to see Chuck leave as he is a great honorable person. I will hate not seeing him and his wife in the pits anymore. Hopefully a comeback will happen!

There also has been some other cars changing hand's that I'll let people chime in here on. Let's keep this ball rolling and have a GREAT YEAR everyone!

Rick Brown

2. al ackerman

al ackerman New Member

Great to see Dave back!!

3. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Great news. Great to have Dave back. Sad to lose Chuck.

4. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

Since Rick started this, I will chime in. I purchased the Eastexas Cavailer from Larry Cummings in October 2017. Thanks to my dad's hard work, the car has been stripped of wiring, fuel lines, etc to start with a clean slate. The car is set for paint in February once Larry Larson is done working his magic next week. Motor will head out to Don Thomas for a freshen and other changes in February also. Plan is to be out in June for the Tulsa divisional in either D/SMA or E/SMA. Looking forward to running 2 Comp cars in 2018!

FLAT, Greg Schenck and Brian Browell like this.