NHRA payout increase for Pro's

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Mr. Jean, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean New Member

Nevermind, not of much interest here. Carry on.....

#1 Mr. Jean, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
    guitar builder likes this.
  2. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

I will bet if they had to pay for each crew person like we do,they would have less crew members.

3. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Hey Charlie....... I got a case of Yeung-Leung that says that if they had to pay, you would probably only get the usual 16 qualifiers and maybe one or two more.......

And we just keep getting hit for more at the gate with less coming back every year....... as in qualifying money.........

4. 115 B/A

115 B/A New Member

I think they should get more pay out and so should we and get our qualifying money . And you have to run more then 18 races to be free , i know must pro do but not everyone runs that many races . Entry use to be $250 car and 4 crew members .

Dave Strouse III

5. C Tanksley

C Tanksley New Member

Since they get to run free they should have to park in the weeds.Give the paid parking up front like it should be.I would love to see one them teams draging his car through mud like us last year at Houston nat event.

6. 115 B/A

115 B/A New Member

Me 2 ! HomeDepot would love it to they would buy then out of plywood . Thats one thing i will say about E-Town there isn't a bad parking spot in the place .
    Dave Strouse III

7. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

Actually, many/most of them (at least the nitro teams) do pay for parking. They get one pro pit space per entry for free, then each space they use for hospitality is $1500-$2000 per event - $1500 each if you commit to using the space(s) at every event, $2000 for part-timers.

8. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

OK.......... so they get for free....... get an increase in payouts........ AND NOW NHRA annouces that they don't have to pay for oil downs anymore because it's a financial burden on the "PRO" teams......... so I guess that means that the Sportsman guys get to continue to pay???......... and we don't have any financial burdens.......

9. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

Speak up comp racers!!! We also need an increase in payouts to cover the higher cost of everything. The payouts have been the same for way too long.

#9 craig schuck, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  10. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

Same problems in 2008 and 2016. Eight more years with no payout increase and no qualifying money... If you want to increase participation you must have an increase in payouts to cover the higher cost of racing... stuff cost a lot more than it did in 2008...

11. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

this thread is from 2008. Time for something to change. No more lip service! We need a payout increase...

12. Jeremy Tanksley

Bingo. I agree 100%.

13. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

2008... Insert head back in sand... Seattle National was bleak and not just in comp. Terrible numbers in all classes. We parked in the dirt on a hill that bottomed out the dragster. Payed $330 for entry and $450 for crew tickets and looked at bringing a 2nd rv but decided $825 for rv spot was too steep... But the hospitality areas in the pro pits looked off the hook!!! 6 semi trailers wide with tables set up for hundreds of guests. Cooking steak and seafood. I wanted to go party with those folks! Looked like fun!!!!! Did someone say they don't pay entry fees????

#13 craig schuck, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  14. toyotaturbo

toyotaturbo Member

Ouch. All this sounds rough on the pockets.