NHRA SRAC Comp Eliminator Meeting

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by RamAirV, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jeff Lane

Jeff Lane Active Member

Comp never lost hood scoop cars to SS. When modified eliminator went away the NHRA gave the racers a choice of running Comp or SS.....

Brian Stufflebeam likes this.
  2. R. Beyer

R. Beyer New Member

Thanks Frank for the update, since I have been one of the slow cars the pi is good for me because my index is intact while the pi is in effect for others. I would also like to see the qualifying sheet fixed to be using the pi system, I think that it would be more fair where #2 or 3 could be clean and possibly get low qualifying money.

SEAN DODD likes this.
  3. Cour Family Racing

Cour Family Racing New Member

When hood-scoop door cars can move to Comp and post competive numbers, my opinion is they belong in Comp. Actually, they look more like Comp cars than traditional SS or GT cars. With that said, if Comp can't be revived, SS might be gaining a batch of very expensive hood-scoop door cars.

4. Jim Primozic

Jim Primozic New Member

They do you may need to get in touch with ours if you need his email or would like I can forward his remarks to you.

5. arthodges706

arthodges706 Member

Frankie,
    I would like to start by saying thank you for all your time and efforts in the future of comp. As far as rumors can't do anything bout them just plow forward. I have been interested or involved in comp. for 30+ years. It's not the money, cars, races, it's the people. No matter if you are -.10 or -.70 under you still have the same thinking. I tell everyone when you know you are screwed you take your wife to dinner on the beach 300.00 bottle of wine, steak and lobster and she says"this is what I'm talking about". You look back at her and all you can think about is "how much clutch an you jamb in that thing". Every class is struggling, life is run on money so I wish everyone a great season and invite all to join in.
    Again thank you Frankie, the whole committee and NHRA. With out all the above we would all be without a playing field.

6. arthodges706

arthodges706 Member

Hey JIM, good looking car

7. Jim Primozic

Jim Primozic New Member

Thanks it was taken care of by its previous owner!

bseibenick likes this.
  8. Brian Stufflebeam

Jim,
    Greg got ahold of me and emailed me all the info. thanks

9. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

OH!!!!... thank Mr Stufflebeam for your clarification RACERS are actually ACTIVE DRIVERS, as opposed to NON RACERS.... kinda makes sense, but NOT!!!... the COmp community is much bigger than that... just sayin'

10. Raymond Martin

Raymond Martin Active Member

429 K/AA Old Dude
    Charlie:
    You just wake up from hibernation? I didn't know they had a COMP class designated "Running Your Mouth" LOL.......

guitar builder and Clint Neff like this.
  11. greg williams

greg williams Member

NOW THAT'S SOME FUNNY SHIT.
    GREG

guitar builder and Clint Neff like this.
  12. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

This is just my opinion...but from a legal stand point I don't think they would have NHRA officials going on the record stating they have no intent of getting rid of Comp. Any kind of lawsuit would quickly get rid of any cost savings NHRA may have in mind by getting rid of Comp.

Comp may never return to the car counts of yesteryear, but I still think it has a place in NHRA's DNA. I think as long as Comp racers show up, there will be a Comp class.

13. Cour Family Racing

Cour Family Racing New Member

Hope you're right, Will. But human nature being what it is, it's tough to see how NHRA can't support 12-car fields at national events.

14. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

WOW RAYMOND!!!!... you really got me there... and yes, I have been hibernating a weeeeeeeee bit, I guess... but I have to say, you seem to be a fan of CNN, as every time your address me, all I hear is a high pitched WHINING noise... you'll have to do MUCH better than that, OLD DUDE!!!...

15. arthodges706

arthodges706 Member

you mean OLDER DUDE

SEAN DODD and Charlie Yannetti like this.
  16. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

All I can say is, I have had many personal conversations and meetings with Graham and if your source is correct and I am wrong then I have been made a fool for years which can be possible I guess. I think I am a pretty good judge of character and I believe Graham light to be a say it as it is kind of guy like myself. I don't see him as the type of person to talk out of both sides of his mouth. If Sean would be willing to talk to me privately that would be great, my cell number is 917-295-2804.

17. Frank Aragona Jr.

I am a die hard like others that have posted here and will run Comp and adjust to any rules. I like the fact that NHRA is willing to make changes for the better of the class. I think we need some time for it to take effect and see a boost in participation but from what I know it Is helping already. I think when you really think about it from both sides of the fence the PI system is good for the class in todays day and age. There will always be people who like certain things and people who don't but this system is actually starting to help get some. Id love to see you get that car out and run with us so if you and anyone else wants to talk about how we can get you guys out there please email or call me. I and the other reps would really appreciate to hear directly from everyone instead of the rumor and hearsay. I'm not bashing the forum, we just need facts to discuss things properly.

Brian Stufflebeam and FLAT like this.
  18. Frank Aragona Jr.

Hi Brian, I am going to send all the reps an email suggesting they do so. To be honest we need to hear from you guys also. I send emails out asking for feedback and don't get much in return. I actually have to chase after it with some people. I suggest a quick email from you and others to your rep stating your plans for the year along with any other thoughts you may have.

Brian Stufflebeam likes this.
  19. Frank Aragona Jr.

Hi Charlie, I can get you out of being a "NON-RACER".........LOL, very cheap!
    H/EA $38k race ready with fresh spare engine............GYSOT
    Call me, lets get you going!

Brian Stufflebeam and FLAT like this.
  20. Clint Neff

Clint Neff Well-Known Member

Id say thats about as quick as it gets Frank!