No More Blinders

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Greg Schenck, Dec 8, 2007.

1. cutta

cutta Member

Truth is, you could probably change the tree and still see the same amount of red lights because drivers will do the same thing they do now. Take bracket racers for example, if a local racer has to race the track champ, he is going to try to adjust his delay box down a few numbers to be more aggressive and in most cases that driver is going to red-light. I see the same thing in Outlaw 10.5 heads up racing. When guys have to race the higher qualifier, they take a shot and the tree and usually miss. So let me ask you guys the question, If you ended up having to race the low qualifier and you already took some hit on your index, aren't you going to take a hit at the tree? If you have to race a guy like Aragona, Craig, or Jeff, aren't you going to take a hit at the tree?

More than likely, yes in both situations, and you would probably still red-light. Cause one of the worse decisions that we as drivers make is overadjusting which alters consistency, it happens because that's racing. We let other drivers performances get in our head. Look at everytime somebody races against Greg Anderson or Dave Connolly, they either overtune the car and get loose or redlight.

But all in all, Redlights will always be apart of racing and chronic red-lighters will continue to red-light and chronic late driver will continue to be late when the tree comes down regardless of the tree speed.

2. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Craig,
    You really misread my post!!!!!
    I Really wasn't giving u a compliment, LMAO you are the one who said that you have run in 60' .977 and did not have a problem leaving on time. My statment was take away the blinder (crutch) and lets see how good u are. You can keep your alcohol and tires which was never referred too in any posts that I have read
    Quit changing what was posted.;);)

#82 Richie Rosen, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  3. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

I would like to meet Richie, Craig and Steve....how far is the Cajun National's from Seattle, WA....more than 1300 miles, but maybe not much further. IGOR may be coming.....just for fun.

4. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Steve,
    They make us wear balloons around our hands during battle. :):):)

5. Craig Bourgeois

Steve & Rob,
    It would be nice to see ya'll come on down. If you are coming to spectate only, I would even offer to have you in the winner's circle with my crew if I was to win it again. If ya'll want to meet RR, make sure you get there before 1st or 2nd rd. If not, you will probably miss him!
    RR,
    Since, accordinally to you, we cannot use blinders this year, you will get your wish. You will get to see how good I am. But I will bet you anything you want that I will NEVER red light twice in the same race. For those of you that don't understand, ask RR to explain it to you. If he won't, then ask me. Even though I was very young, I don't forget bad driving.

#85 Craig Bourgeois, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  6. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

WOW,I think it's time you 2 put the gloves back on.lol Time to start playing nice again............Man we REALLY need to get back to racing again don't we!

7. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Since, accordinally to you, we cannot use blinders this year.

Craig,
    Iam sorry you again mis-read a post by one of your own people who made the post of no BLINDERS (crutch). Yes Iam totally against them, but don't acuse me without merit. As for slinging s$$t on my two redlights in one race it was without a blinder or delay box. Guess you want the too put the gloves on. Think I'm good for a rd or two:mad: As for you inviting people to the winners circle before the race is even run shows you need a new helmet to stick youra$$ in.:p:p

RR

8. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Shane,
    Better order a supply of popcorn and beer, plenty more rounds forth coming. LOL:D

9. Craig Bourgeois

Charlie,
    Are you sure about this? RR said we can't run ANY type of blinder. Who said that we can run them?

10. Shane Heckel

Shane Heckel Active Member

I spoke with a fellow named Pat at NHRA tech yesterday. He said that a revision on the wording of a "legal sized blinder"should be out today or tomorrow.Let the hating begin!!!!!

#90 Shane Heckel, Dec 19, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  11. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Goofus,

Charlie,
    Are you sure about this? RR said we can't run ANY type of blinder. Who said that we can run them?

Maybe u need to take a time out in the corner so u can get your facts straight. I'll furnish your hat for the time out session. It's correct name is Dunce.

12. SEAN DODD

SEAN DODD Member

And another great move by NHRA.....cool, now PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEE end this tired old thread.

13. Stephen Rosen

Stephen Rosen Member

Are you ready to start now, lets call the DD first.:D

14. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Originally Posted by Steve Holloway
    Why didn't you guys tell me that the NHRA would change a rule if the they got a lot of calls from pissed off racers? Hell, I can orchestrate hundreds of pissed off calls on the t/b button rule change.

Are you ready to start now, lets call the DD first.

Why waste time on the forum expressing our views on any subject that could possibly help the overall eliminator when told by Len Imbogno basically the committee doesn't listen. Just getting practice when I post for my typing skills
    on the forum:p

Why call our div director in his post in the Dragster he feels running for a trophy is good enough and that the money is a bonus. Think he needs to take his yearly salary and sponsor a comp car and pay our fuel bill to each race.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. jbenham

jbenham New Member

I just had our Super Stock car re certified yesterday in division 4 by Jim Anderson. I showed him the blinder that was in the car and I called it a blinder too. I asked him point blank if it was legal or not. IT is like Roger Brogdons. it is a sunvisor type. (tinted lexan that is tie strapped to cage and pulls down bottom part is blacked out. His response was "I wouldn't consider that a blinder" He said they were mainly after the guys that have the 8x 11 piece of cardboard taped to the side of the helmet and the guys that tape up the eye hole in a full face helmet. So if you ask me this is going to be a cluster f#$& depending on which tech guy you get you may pass one day then fail the next. Jeff Benham

PS ROGER I SOLD YOUR PRACTICE TREE ALONG TIME AGO LOL.

16. arnold3001

arnold3001 Member

I saw a great post on a Super Stock forum. It was post by Lee Zane I think....

It read, "If you want to take away blinders that's fine. Then they also need to take the reaction times off of the time slips too."

Happy Holidays
    JEFF

17. Richie Rosen

Richie Rosen Member

Charlie,
    It must have been Bourgeois that made the call being as swell headed as he has become his big head has enabled him too pull 30" of vacuum on a shrimp trawl!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. Craig Bourgeois

Charlie,
    The item that I am in contact with NHRA about has nothing at all to do with my "blinder". I do like the idea of not giving out reaction times on the slip though, but I think that is a dead issue, sort of like the 554 tree.

19. Rob Harrison

Rob Harrison Well-Known Member

The whole cardboard, taped up window's, taped over visor's, for the sake of common sense safety, have to be forbidden. I think a little further common sense has prevailed, the tiny blinder's in use ,to deal with the .500 tree, were never the target of this rule. We need the Comp Champ to be the laison, to NHRA, so some clarity can happen sooner, on the varous issue's that come up. I'd be willing to bet, that NHRA wasn't even aware of the widespread use of the tree blinder's and for that matter, why would they need to know?
    When you start taping cardboard to the side of your head, you're bound to get their attention.

20. arnold3001

arnold3001 Member

Steve

Lee's joke was that if you get ride of the reaction times then announcers and readers of ND cant rag on you for being late.

JA