Norwalk

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Larry & Eunice Pritchett, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Larry & Eunice Pritchett

I am pretty sure after this race comp will be shoe polish racing. Every pair was stopped and waited five to ten minutes for NHRA to find their personal index. Crazy

2. sixfiend

sixfiend New Member

Maybe their computer was broken and someone dropped the index cards. What a shame.

3. projack

projack Member

Yep....personal index system is really working well. The fans booed comp when pair after pair had to shut off til they got it right. Frank was the first one to point out that his index was wrong, and we were yelled at and told to "relax"...then, after sitting there for over 4 minutes at that point, one of the 3 starters/nhra officials came over and asked what the problem was. We told them that it said 7.45 and Franks index is 7.36. They they radioed it up to the tower, then the announcer says over the P.A....apparently Cervelli is disputing his index. This went on for pretty much every pair in both 1st and 2nd round. Apparently there is a new girl up in the tower that was supposed to do the indexes, but no one told her anything about personal indexes. People can blame NHRA and say they need to get their act together, and people can claim that this wouldn't happen in their division, and they have better people in their division running things, but this just further adds to the ridiculousness of it all. Even if people want to say that they were booing NHRA and not comp, it was still a bad reflection on comp. and with the stands being full of fans waiting to watch pro mod, it's embarrassing. So...in Joliet, the announcers were making fun of how complicated comp is now, and said "if you don't know about comp, pull out a rule book and read it, and you still will not understand it," to now this...uhh....this isn't rocket science. Simplify it and get rid of this crap, before the rules and confusion make the racers so fed up, they don't want to come back.

#3 projack, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  4. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

Hold it right there Kim and Eunice, I didn't see your names on the qualifying sheet anywhere. Your comments are invalid

5. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

Their last names were on the sheet!!!!!
    Clark Smiley
    Just being a smart Ass. I been missing Brian Bob

6. projack

projack Member

Brian, you bring up a valid point. Just because the NHRA officials were yelling at me, you and Ian to "relax," you're right, we don't get a say. I don't want to be confronted about my anger issues again. I'll be quiet. Hahahahaha

7. Brian Landies

Brian Landies Active Member

Yeah your right. The first name doesn't really need to be on the sheet does it Nolan

8. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Welcome back to Comp Larry Morgan and take 4 personal with you as our present.lol
    How can you not like Larry even though Rampy jammed him in the lights.