Orlando

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Charlie Yannetti, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

Can someone fill me in on why only four (4) Comp cars are at Orlando??... has the track been improved??.. or is it still as it was the last time we actually raced there??..

OR, is it still too early for some teams to have their stuff together??

guitar builder likes this.
  2. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Active Member

I am not there because I do not live anywhere close to Florida. I only speak for myself though
    Clark Smiley

3. Nahan

Nahan Member

Well it's 28 degrees here. Car is almost back together but we fall in the "to early" bucket. Hope that helps with the car count worrys

FLAT and guitar builder like this.
  4. Jeff Childs

Jeff Childs Member

The track is pretty good now. The pro mods are running very well and the new import world record was re-set at a 5.73!

5. bseibenick

bseibenick Member

Still waiting on parts here...

6. boostedf22c

boostedf22c Active Member

We talked about going down there.

But then this weekend was here already and I still haven't touched the car since last November.

7. Charlie Yannetti

Good to hear the track is better.. there were a bunch of tidbits saying that the track wasn't updated, and wasn't good.. thought that might have posed a problem...

8. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Active Member

Charlie, I'm in Orlando, but with my grandkids at Disney World. Waiting on Craig to get his engine together, might not make Houston.

9. fred ferrante

fred ferrante New Member

We were there with one of our cars, but had some oil pressure issues that did not allow us to make a pass. We hope to have the new car ready by SGMP, then work on getting my son comfortable in the dragster for both of us to run. Was kind of a last minute decision to go, we finished the car Thursday, everything was fine, loaded it up, got to the track Sat. morning and had issues after completing tech. We will more than likely miss Gainsville, but plan to be back for SGMP.

10. Shaun Vincent

Shaun Vincent Member

Like Clark said. Really far to drive just for a divisional. Place that we want to go to is Phoenix, but NHRA never runs comp at the National event.

11. projack

projack Member

Seems pretty dumb to have the race the same weekend as Daytona 500. I know of some people in other classes that couldn't find any reasonably priced hotels (and they looked up to 40 miles away). It appears that every class had pretty small car counts.

12. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

I for one am very happy that Orlando is back on the D2 schedule. We would have been there for sure if my dad was fully recuperated. We attended that event many times and always had a great time and were treated well. It also holds a special place in my heart because I won my first ever divisional in Comp there.
    I think a few things contributed to the low car count in Comp this year like it being the first year back on the schedule, some unfortunate carnage at the end of last year and a lot guys are waiting on their stuff from freshen ups and updates. There's a lot going on and I think 2017 is going to be a good year and next year the car count will be up in Orlando.

13. Charlie Yannetti

Hope your Dad is doing well, Frank, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.. Orlando was always a fun place, and if track improvements have been done, it can only be better.. it just might be too early in the year..