Payout Increase

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by craig schuck, Aug 27, 2007.

1. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

We should be lobbying for a purse increase instead of rule and index changes. The payouts have been the same for way too long.......

guitar builder likes this.
  2. JEFF GILLETTE

JEFF GILLETTE Member

Payout

Divisional race-$1000 to win 3-4 days at the track.
    Saturday night Top Sportsman @ Sacramento $2000 to win - 1 day.
    Go figure.

3. gonygonygo

gonygonygo Member

ANYTHING that increases the car count, I'm all for!!! I'm getting tired of the disappointment of only 20 cars showing up at every event I go to. :confused:

I am always bragging on how great the class is, and everytime I go to see it in person, the car count sucks!

If I was making decisions for the NHRA, Competition Eliminator would be my FIRST priority!

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

steak dinner

good point, but i think we have a better shot at free steak dinner on saturday nights at divisionals than a payout increase....

guitar builder and boostedf22c like this.
  5. craig schuck

craig schuck Member

From 2007...

6. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

The purses are paid by the track at divisionals. Any idea where the tracks should get the money to increase payout? I'm not defending the low payout but I am also realistic and in business you need a profitable plan.

How many Top Sportsman entered that Saturday night race at Sacramento and is the $2000 guaranteed?

7. jeremyyouker

jeremyyouker Member

We run a bunch of heads up 4.70 index races. $200 entry guaranteed $3000 to win and $1200 runner up. Races are done in one day. 16 cars or less pays first round losers $100 back. We get 14-20 at every race. Increase purse to $5000, you get 30-35 cars. Increase it to $10k, 42-50 cars. The tracks promote it which brings in more spectators at $15-$20 each and they pay 1/2 the purse.

8. Frank Aragona Jr.

These posts always seem to get derailed, we started discussing divisional payout for Comp. So are you saying to not run Comp at Divisionals and try to form a separate circuit? I personally am not interested in that, not sure if others would be.

9. jeremyyouker

jeremyyouker Member

Not at all what i'm saying Frank. I was just explaining some of the other series out there that get cars and how it's being done. I applaud your tenacity in trying to better the class and support you 100%. I was actually one of the few that donated to the Chicago race through Troy. I cannot currently find the time to take 3-4 days for a race but I will. I offered a suggestion a while back on another thread pertaining to this issue but no responses so i'll ask again. It's only a question/idea so don't bash it please. Last I checked, it is the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. Lucas has more invested in it than anyone. Maybe the SRAC reps collectively get together as a group and approach Forrest or Morgan Lucas for ideas how to reach your goal to increase payouts and car counts for a series they support? You are the elected reps for the divisions effectively making you the voice of sportsman racers in their sponsored series. I would have to imagine they are very interested in helping. Maybe they could do the bonus fund at a couple races in each division. My opinion is waiting on NHRA to do something or hoping they will is time wasted, something not many of us have.

10. Frank Aragona Jr.

Jeremy I can only speak for myself as an SRAC rep but I think the others are pretty much in the same boat, which is we all have businesses and families on top of racing and just don't have the time or know how to do it. I would step down or help someone as much as I can that is willing to do it but honestly we have just not come across anyone that is, so far anyway. Whatever is best for Comp. I work very hard to play hard and I don't really want to play anything else at this point....LOL

11. jeremyyouker

jeremyyouker Member

With all due respect, your a world champion but didn't answer my question.

12. Frank Aragona Jr.

Jeremy,
    Do you mean the question of can the reps collectively get together and as a group and approach Forrest or Morgan Lucas for ideas how to reach your goal to increase payouts and car counts for a series they support? If so I did. I answered for myself, I don't have the time to pursue it and handle it and I'm pretty sure the other reps may not either. I am not even sure if that it would be ethical or accepted to go after the sponsor that NHRA already has for all sportsman just for one class. Its really not my area of expertise.