Personal Indexes & Permanent

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Rodger Brogdon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Rodger Brogdon

Rodger Brogdon Active Member

closed.

#1 Rodger Brogdon, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  2. 71mavlouisville

#1 Yes
    #2 No
    #3 No

3. nhracea1

nhracea1 Member

#1. Yes
    #2. No
    #3. O

4. Troy Galbraith

1) No - unless you are going to adjust all the hits since 2016 based on someones participation. For example taking 5 in 2021 shouldn't be eligible for participation give back unless a hit of 5 since 1/1/2016 gets the same consideration.
    2) No - same thing... if a 2019/2020 hit is adjusted for participation then those hits which occurred in 2016, 2017, or 2018 should have the same consideration... believe it or not there are those of us dumb enough to support the class by staging up for R1 50+ times since taking 11 perm in 2016.
    3) No - had the dime not been given then maybe but people have taken perm hits since 2016 for going no faster then they went pre 2015 which is crazy!

Troy Galbraith

#4 Troy Galbraith, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    greg williams likes this.
  5. SmileyRacing

SmileyRacing Well-Known Member

My opinion is you can’t keep giving index back. Some people go off sooner than others...... you have to give the system time to level out. If racer one, me for instance is down six and racer two is Shawn Dodd. Yes I know how to spell Sean’s name. He is down zero. Give it time he will be down some. If not he will keep lifting and not winning. That is how the system was setup to level itself out. Give it time. Hit your index, go racing, work on your shit, and others will hit theirs along the way. GIVE IT TIME TO LEVEL OUT!
    Clark Smiley

6. Troy Galbraith

Clark... if Personal Index truly meant Personal Index I would agree 100%. Unfortunately it doesn't.

7. greg williams

greg williams Member

Yeah,what Troy said!

8. greg williams

greg williams Member

Clark,
    I'm running out of years and money pretty fast.It would be nice if we could come up with realistic indexes for each class and go race now.

9. Richard Preiser

Richard Preiser New Member

#1. Yes
    #2. Yes
    #3. No

With all do respect as a newbee, The class will Never level out before everyone quits racing Comp. I bought a good car and spent a ton of $$$ and R&D to make it a Great car, I took some PI to Win because of some bad driving. If we do not start creating a system to keep participation, there
    will be a lot of cars that will be useless to the class.

welkerm likes this.