POLL: Heads up match ups

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Should 2 racers in the same class who are racing each other

1. Race each other heads up with NO personal or permanent index hits

87.2%
  2. Race each other off their own personal index

5.1%
  3. Race each other heads up and continue to take personal and permanent index hits

2.6%
  4. Race each other off personal index plus any CIC in previous rounds

5.1%
  1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

Posted by request of a racer

Charlie Yannetti and ken reich like this.
  2. Frank Aragona Jr.

Frank Aragona Jr. Active Member

Will,
    Some think it should be race each other with no personal or permanent index hits but CIC counts for next round
    It gets crazy though because I also have heard opinions that some would like to see, race each other heads up with personal index hit, no class index hit and CIC counts for next round.
    A problem sometimes is that we have too many uncommon opinions.

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna Administrator

the results are pretty overwhelming given the sample size. NHRA reads these polls, so if there is a large group of racers who want something other than heads up no cic or penalty, they should come speak up.

ken reich and Brian Landies like this.
  4. cervelli7

cervelli7 Member

Looks like a Trump win.Make comp great again

Brian Landies and Clint Neff like this.
  5. rognelson777

rognelson777 Member

So if this change takes effect by the way the voting is going,If you have the faster car, try to play the ladder in qualifying to race someone in your class 1st round so you get to the 2nd round clean with no index hit while everyone else has to race off the CIC,

Just get rid of the CIC altogether, as well as the sprotsman ladder

6. Charlie Yannetti

Charlie Yannetti Well-Known Member

LOL!!.. good one, Roger... we've been down the Sportsman Ladder issue every winter that I can remember... that will never change...

The CIC system is a good thing, and should be used in ALL cases... why should a guy get his CIC back from a previous round, just because he now has to run a car in his same class that is clean.. he should have stayed clean, or at least look at the ladder to come up with a strategy...

If I come out with an I/D, and I'm always .15 faster than you wherever we go in D1, but I take a .09 hit in the previous round, would you rather deal with being .06 down against me, or .15 down against me cause I got the CIC back, JUST TO RUN YOU HEADS UP!!!... I don't think that's right.. but that's just my opinion... if you get shot in the foot, you limp... just the way life is...