Qualifying question

Discussion in 'The Comp Buzz' started by deuces wild, Oct 19, 2020.

1. deuces wild

deuces wild Member

There was a discussion in Dallas about these two runs. Is their any index adjustment for going this quick in qualifying? I can’t find anything....

Attached Files:

2. Michael Compton

Michael Compton Active Member

It is my understanding that no adjustment is made during qualifying. Only adjustment made would be if he took CIC during eliminations. I know several Pro Mod guys have gone crazy fast and no adjustment was made. I could be wrong!

3. Racer3207

Racer3207 New Member

There is a section of the CIC rules on NHRARacer.com that lists the process for a year-end index reduction. This happens when there are 2 entries (quickest run at a single event) that run 0.760+ under in a year. However, runs made at mineshaft events do not count, and since one of the races listed was mineshaft, I do not believe there will be an index reduction. If that race hadn't been mineshaft, H/EA would be in for a massive index hit at the end of the year.

4. Greg Schenck

Greg Schenck Well-Known Member

That clause in the cic rules was made soon after the class was changed to index racing. With personal indexes that clause will not work. A few classes in past years fit the clause but nothing was done. AA/PM was one last year.
    the reason it can't work with personals: Let say a B/DA runs 76 under twice in a year well you would take 6 off the index but it would not effect the drivers that are already 6 or more down in the class only the ones that are trying to get there. So if Troy runs 66 under twice in a year, Adam Hickey and Jason Hutto would be hurt because Troy is down ten.
    NHRA would have to look at class as a whole. We all know that AA/PM can run a second under. In St.Louis the first nine drivers I believe were between .90 and 1.00 under. The Hemi index is to hard and the FS cars gets pulley changes when they run too quick.

welkerm likes this.